Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NTSC or PAL?

Posted by mikeygAC 
NTSC or PAL?
January 04, 2009 09:32PM
Is the Homebrew channel NTSC or PAL App/Channel Thing (I don't know what to call it) ? I don't want to brick my Wii and heard this happens when using the wrong format of App/Channel. I have a NTSC so I need to know before I download if HBC is PAL or NTSC...

Also is there any other way to stop it from being bricked? If so, How?
Re: NTSC or PAL?
January 04, 2009 09:43PM
Good question. I believe the channels region depends on what region of the twilight hack you use.
January 04, 2009 09:50PM
There are different regions? How do I get the US one?
January 04, 2009 10:13PM
mikeygAC
There are different regions? How do I get the US one?
When you download the twilight hack you get all 3 regions. Just be sure to copy the right one into your wiis memory.
January 05, 2009 01:23AM
Arikado
Good question. I believe the channels region depends on what region of the twilight hack you use.

Actually, I think the installer just grabs the region of the Wii and installs the right version for it. Or maybe is the same version for all regions, the HBC just forces a video mode depending of your console. Just guessing.
January 05, 2009 02:10AM
Yeah, the HBC's ticket thing is HAXX. If it had a region it'd end with E, P or J. So it's the same for all regions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 02:11AM by bg4545.
January 05, 2009 03:41AM
The HBC is not specific to any region. The Twilight Hack, however, is. Just be sure to pick the right savefile and you'll be fine. (If you pick the wrong one, you'll probably just have to reset the wii. No big deal.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login