BootMii Backup / NAND backup is stuck
February 18, 2012 08:03PM
Hopefully this hasn't been answered. A search of NAND did bring up some info about a possible bug with larger SD cards but it didn't seem like it was providing an answer for the screen I am stuck on.

I used Letterbomb and went through all the steps up to attempting to backup the NAND . After hitting the buttons to start the backup I am taken to a screen and then nothing happens. I'm worried that shutting the wii down may cause an issue. Any advice? The SD card used to install Hackmii was already in use by my Wii to store games. The card is a 4GB sansdisk.

Image of the screen I am stuck on

Text at the bottom of the screen
BackupMii, NAND ID: ecdc1095
Free space: 2448MB
f_write(otp) returned 2
wtf wrote 0 bytes, ret = 2
Re: BootMii Backup / NAND backup is stuck
February 18, 2012 08:54PM
Shutting down won't hurt anything, a NAND backup operation never writes anything to the wii. Just try it again and make sure the lock on the SD card is off.
February 18, 2012 09:25PM
Thank you. I will shut down the wii. I'll try again

If the same thing happens would it be suggested that I reformat the card and start the whole process over? Making a backup of all my original Private folder files beforehand of course.

UPDATE

So i restarted the wii and loaded Homebrew channel and started up Bootmii. Attempted to back up NAND again and it stalled in the same place. THe Lock switch is in the unlocked position so that is not the problem. I just reformatted the SD card again and I preparing to try the whole process over again.

Should I first look up uninstalling the HomeBrew channel or can I just run Letterbomb over again?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 09:46PM by Str8UpJack.
February 18, 2012 10:57PM
There is no need to uninstall HBC or use LetterBomb again. Both are 100% irrelevant when BootMii is running. You could try using HackMii Installer to prepare your SD card with the BootMii files again, in case they are somehow corrupted. Just run HackMii Installer from HBC and go into the BootMii menu and choose "Prepare SD Card".

If it still doesn't work after that, try and find/borrow another SD card to try with, in case BootMii just doesn't like your SD card too much.
February 19, 2012 07:39AM

Bugs / Limitations
Why does my SD card work in the Installer / HBC, but not in BootMii (or vice-versa)?
libogc and MINI use completely different sets of code to talk to SD cards, so a card that works in one may not work in the other. For reasons unclear, MINI does not work with a random 25% of all SD cards; we are constantly striving to increase compatibility, but in the mean time you might want to try another card.

looks like you may have one of those sd cards that works with one and not the other.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login