Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to increase wiimote's discoverable mode's period?

Posted by astroboy007 
how to increase wiimote's discoverable mode's period?
March 01, 2012 04:10PM
hi wiimote hackers
as the title says i want to increase the duration of wiimote bluetooth is going to discoverable mode
as default it is 20 seconds, but most of the times it isn't sufficient to do pairing process with the computer. and it erks me out when i'm among the children of the class struggling to connect and teach with wiimote whiteboard
last week i accessed to wiimote's EEPROM content with a help of my friend. i was thinking that 20 seconds timer should be somewhere inside wiimote's EEPROM that i can alter but i couldn't locate it ,the HEX translation of 20 is "3032" but it isn't exist, so i assume 20 second should have been divided into parts and and their some is 20 second.
here is the bin and hex files links
does anyone know which address is this 20 seconds in?
Re: how to increase wiimote's discoverable mode's period?
March 02, 2012 02:48AM
I believe this is impossible.
March 02, 2012 09:23AM
but you haven't mentioned why?
i have successfully changed some setting from E2PROM and have seen the results (it works) but i don't know which hex code is 20 seconds setting
March 02, 2012 05:07PM
Don't listen to slipknot, he really has no idea what he's saying.
March 03, 2012 06:26PM
well, i welcome to all kind of replies and respect to everyone
March 08, 2012 01:50PM
Hmm... Are you sure it is encoded as a string? It could be encoded directly as a byte or word. In that case you should look for 14 or maybe 0014 or 00000014 depending on the datatype used. There were a few occurrences of 14 in those files, but only one occurrence of 0014 (at 1B3C). You could try messing around with any of those. Then again, you don't know it is the seconds that are actually stored, it could be milliseconds or even ticks of some internal clock within the wiimote (less likely, I think). The datatype used is also not necessarily integer, it could be float or double. Lots of things to check... Hope this is of any help! Let us know if you get results!
March 08, 2012 09:00PM
thank you @profetylen about the suggestion and info
the most hard part of EEPROM is that it is TSSOP type and i have to hot air it every time and do soldering on standard programmer chip holder.
next week i will try to do programming on-board since it uses i2c protocol. and i don't have programmer device and i must ask my friend to do it.
but i couldn't get it why 14 or 0014 ,...?
March 09, 2012 12:10AM
the processor doesnt speak, read, or understand text. storing data as strings such as "20" or "20 seconds" or anything along those lines may be easier for a human to read and understand, but it means squat to the little processor that decides how long to wait for the timeout. you would need to convert the ascii "20" (hex 0x3230) into a number like the processor can use, which would be plain-ole 20 (hex 0x14). but if you are concerned with space and/or speed, then you wouldnt want to mess around with the text strings at all, you would just hardcode the 0x14 into the firmware to begin with.

depending on what sort of data type you have it and how the firmware-creatorizer aligned it, it may be represented as 0x14, 0x0014, 0x00000014.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login