Hackmii Installer not working for Indiana Pwns and Letterbomb
March 06, 2012 07:44PM
I have been trying to get the HBC installed on my wii for the past couple of days, and I am having any success.
I have tried 5 different 2 gig sd cards are have been formated to Fat and Fat32.
I have tried Letterbomb and Indiana Pwns.
When I start Letterbomb I get some mumbo jumbo on the screen it shows the hackmii installer for about 1 second and then I get a bunch of numbers and letters. I try again, and once again it shows the mumbo jumbo. But, this time the slot light on the wii just flashes, and does nothing.
I put the SD card back into the computer now see there is an "installer.log" HackMii v1.0 installer starting up
PVR = 00087102
running under IOS 58 rev 0x1820

I pretty much get the same thing when I use Indiana Pwns.
I have no idea what else to do besides kick my wii down the stairs.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Hackmii Installer not working for Indiana Pwns and Letterbomb
March 07, 2012 06:17AM
Bump. Is there anyone that can help?
March 15, 2012 08:40AM
Hmm, sounds like the installer is crashing. That mumbo-jumbo is a data dump to determine the problem. However, it doesn't do us or you any good. It should restart. Try downloading the latest bootmii installer and replacing the boot.elf file in the root directory of your SD card. Hopefully, that should work.
March 15, 2012 05:28PM
d3m0n1q_733rz
Hmm, sounds like the installer is crashing. That mumbo-jumbo is a data dump to determine the problem. However, it doesn't do us or you any good. It should restart. Try downloading the latest bootmii installer and replacing the boot.elf file in the root directory of your SD card. Hopefully, that should work.
If it's a dsi exception, it does do good if you know what you're doing. It can help the dev to debug an app. Not a huge amount of use without the source of the app, but if you can get in touch with someone who has source (ie member of team twiizers) the exception can help them figure out the problem you are experiencing. Stop talking about the stuff you don't understand.

Do indeed try redownloading the installer, in case it is just corrupt or something.
March 16, 2012 05:30AM
You could just skip the hackmii installer. Load casper via letterbomb and have it load a custom boot2 bootmii, then install a postloader channel. Once you do that you can load anything you like. You could load bootmii with casper and do a nand dump, then have a look at the nand.bin with nandbincheck.

My guess is your wii is a mega pirate at one point and has so many titles that it crashes the hackmii installer. You could try to format the wii from the system settings, then run hackmii again. But if you can't get hackmii to work, that is ok, you don't really need it anyway, find another way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login