Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel DVDs?

Posted by Roads1 
Homebrew Channel DVDs?
May 22, 2012 11:41PM
I read on the Wiibrew site that DVDX has been replaced by the Homebrew Channel itself. However, all I can find through many searches is using MPlayer, which isn't "the Homebrew Channel itself." Either Wiibrew lied, or I'm missing something.
Re: Homebrew Channel DVDs?
May 23, 2012 12:42AM
You still needed to use something like mplayer or WiiMC when dvdx was around. It just worked in the background to allow those apps to play DVDs. Now hbc does that background job itself, making DVDs accessible to homebrew apps. You still need to use something like mplayer or, even better, WiiMC to actually play DVDs, hbc just enables the access for those and other apps
May 23, 2012 01:18AM
Oh.

This and Gamecube incompatibility are probably the only truly annoying things about the Wii in terms of legitimacy (i.e. unrelated to hacking).
May 23, 2012 10:34AM
The Wii is compatible with GC games. Unless you got a new Wii without the GC compatibility, in which case DVDs won't work via homebrew anyway, due to hardware changes stopping them working (this is also true of any older Wii with GC compatibility made recently).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login