Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii "Black Screen"

Posted by kittens 
Wii "Black Screen"
July 04, 2012 04:08PM
Hello, I'm Kitten and I imported a copy of Project Zero 2 Wii Edition. So I thought I could just launch it through my SD Card, which has the FF4 patch on it, but it seems that I needed Riivolution on HBC. I couldn't update my Wii, because I don't have Internet to my wii, so I got frustrated and decided to look up a video on how to change your Wii's region. Well, I used a HBC application called just "regionchanger". I went to the options and changed everything, including the TV display, to PAL. When I rebooted for the new changes to take effect my screen turned black. I can hear my cursor as it touches the different channels, but I can't see anything because my screen, like I said, is black.

I would love if someone would help me fix this because I don't have to money to buy a new Wii, and probably won't until the Wii-U is released and I can't wait that long to play this game.

Thank you!
Love,
Kitten.
Re: Wii "Black Screen"
July 05, 2012 12:14AM
I'm not sure what you were trying to do or why you changed your region settings. I don't know those games but I looked them up and the Fatal Frame 4 patch is totally different from Project Zero 2. Since you imported Project Zero 2 you couldn't just load it, so then you could have used Gecko OS or another loader to load the game. Since you changed all your region settings as well as the video output settings, your Wii is outputting a PAL signal which your TV cannot display correctly. In order to fix it you would have to load the HBC and load the region changer app again and switch the display back to NTSC. I'm not sure how you can do that from a black screen though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 12:19AM by bg4545.
July 05, 2012 12:30AM
There is a piece of homebrew called "BLIND" which I believe is some other piece of homebrew with a two line hack to force it to load in NTSC, and it allows you to change the video settings of your Wii. If you have BootMii or Priiloader, you might be able to load it. Otherwise, I don't think there is a way.
July 05, 2012 04:12AM
The Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse patch was suppose to be able to launch any other import game. But it doesn't if your using it by SD card. I'll have to try this BLIND thing because I do have Priiloader, but either I'm not doing it right or I have it installed wrong, I don't know. Thank you guys for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login