Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Deleting a Title on 4.3

Posted by Tyeforce 
Help with Deleting a Title on 4.3
November 15, 2012 09:59PM
I need some homebrew help. I rarely touch homebrew, but I really want to try something before I do my Wii to Wii U transfer.

This is probably going to sound silly, but I'd really like to completely get rid of a certain game on my system. I'm very picky when it comes to my video game collection, especially my digital collection. Anyway, I downloaded My Aquarium a long time ago from the Wii Shop Channel, but I really don't want it tied to my system anymore. Similarly, there were some DSiWare applications that I didn't want transferred to my 3DS either, but with the way that transfer process worked I was able to pick and choose which titles I wanted to keep. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way for Wii to Wii U transfer.

I'm not exactly the most knowledgable when it comes to Wii homebrew, but from my understanding it may be possible to delete all traces of a particular game from my system, including re-download rights from the Wii Shop Channel, using AnyTitle Deleter. Now, whether or not this would actually carry over to the Wii U is another question that I'm sure isn't known at this point, but I figure it's worth a shot.

But I believe I can't use AnyTitle Deleter on System Menu 4.3 normally, correct? I know it's possible to get it working, but I can't seem to find any simple step-by-step guides for doing just this. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! I haven't really done any major system changes with homebrew before, so I'm scared that I might mess up something if I try to do it without having an easy to follow guide.

Also, I already have the Homebrew Channel and BootMii installed, so that's already taken care of. I just need to know how to go about downgrading IOSes or whatever I have to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 10:01PM by Tyeforce.
Re: Help with Deleting a Title on 4.3
November 16, 2012 02:59AM
You can't erase "download rights" for one particular title, they are stored server-side.
November 16, 2012 07:04AM
tueidj
You can't erase "download rights" for one particular title, they are stored server-side.
Oh? I had heard differently. I read reports of people using AnyTitle Deleter to delete Virtual Console games and they were unable to redownload them from the eShop, even though they had purchased them before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 07:04AM by Tyeforce.
November 16, 2012 11:03AM
They will look like they haven't been purchased but if you try to buy them again it won't deduct any points. Or sometimes they just go back to the purchased state on their own if you download something else.
The only way to completely disown a purchased title is if you delete your shop account and in that situation you lose everything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login