Advanced

dvd

Posted by col72 
dvd
January 24, 2013 08:08PM
can i watch dvds on homebrew which app do i need
Re: dvd
January 24, 2013 08:16PM
You can, if you post in the correct section.
Or use WiiMC
January 24, 2013 08:22PM
Provided you have a sufficiently old Wii (i.e. a couple of years or more), you can play DVDs using the homebrew app "WiiMC". Of course, you will need to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) first, if you haven't already done so.

If you have a newer Wii, WiiMC will fail to play DVDs, due to a hardware limitation. Unfortunately there is no way around that, and so if you have one of these newer Wiis, you will not be able to play DVDs, and this isn't something that could change with a software update or anything like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2013 08:23PM by SifJar.
January 24, 2013 08:36PM
The wii is about 4 or 5 years old got home brew on it can i watch a film on a hard drive on it
January 24, 2013 10:34PM
Yes, again using WiiMC
January 25, 2013 01:54AM
col72
The wii is about 4 or 5 years old got home brew on it can i watch a film on a hard drive on it
You should be fine for DVDs then, and yes, as metroid_maniac mentioned, you can use WiiMC to play video files from a hard drive (assuming you mean a USB hard drive). For the record, WiiMC can play media content (videos, music, images) from a variety of sources: DVD, USB, SD card, over WiFi by SMB (streaming from a computer on local network), online videos (e.g. YouTube, various other streaming stuff).
January 25, 2013 08:57PM
What can I do if the wii does not recognise the hard drive its got my head battered lol
January 26, 2013 09:18AM
col72
What can I do if the wii does not recognise the hard drive its got my head battered lol

You make one thread or post, not multiple ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login