Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Classic Controller on GC games?

Posted by Roughwinds 
Classic Controller on GC games?
September 27, 2013 04:23PM
Is It possible to trick a game cube game into thinking that the Classic Controller Pro is a GC Controller? I know that It's possible to trick a wii game into thinking that the CCP is a Wii Mote but since that's on Wii Mode and not GC, I kinda doubt that's enough to say that what I want to do is possible.
Re: Classic Controller on GC games?
September 27, 2013 05:27PM
I'm pretty sure you can't use a Classic Controller to play Gamecube games through the use of homebrew software. As the Wii remote isn't enabled while it's in Gamecube mode.

But, this might be a solution! There are phyiscal conversion adapters avaliable.
E.g. http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/adapter-turns-classic-controller-into-gamecube-controller/

I hope this helps you out in some way.
September 27, 2013 05:34PM
Grimslade
I'm pretty sure you can't use a Classic Controller to play Gamecube games through the use of homebrew software.
I'm pretty sure you can and you just haven't looked hard enough.
September 27, 2013 06:53PM
Hint: "Devolution"
(Second hint: "by tueidj")
September 28, 2013 06:00AM
I wonder how I missed all that Devolution AP drama. How does the AP work on newer Wii models If It can't read GC games? Devolution simply doesn't work on newer models? That's not a concern for me since my Wii can play GC games, just curiosity.

Anyway, thanks guys,
September 28, 2013 08:26AM
It's explained in the readme.
September 28, 2013 07:12PM
Roughwinds
I wonder how I missed all that Devolution AP drama.

Yeah, I've seem to have missed it too. I've been off the scene for a while now, sorry. I gave a quick answer because I remembered looking it up myself awhile ago now and recalling no wii hardware enabled gamecube loaders had been released.
Still, a physical dongle can still be appealing, as they can be used with original gamecube hardware. Depends on what you're looking for I guess.

tueidj
I'm pretty sure you can and you just haven't looked hard enough.

Indeed, I did look for quite a while, a few years back, though I can recall that there wasn't that many people looking into it. My mistake in thinking no one had bothered adding support. Personally, for me it's a bit of a shame that the software wasn't released back then when I was eager to try out Classic Controller support. Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2013 07:12PM by Grimslade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login