Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quake 2 or 3 port with multiplayer

Posted by Adamavy 
Quake 2 or 3 port with multiplayer
August 16, 2008 07:51PM
I was wondering if anyone has taken up any of these projects. The Quake that is already on homebrew is excellent and im extremely impressed with the responsive controls. (I wonder if they are planning to add multiplayer too it?) Anyways i found that quake 2 was ported to the ds and therefore the wii should be able to handle a port of either the second or third quake. Do you think we will be seeing either of these games on homebrew?
Re: Quake 2 or 3 port with multiplayer
August 16, 2008 08:46PM
I think it's just a matter of time before we see at least Quake 2 on the Wii.
And yes, the Wii Quake developer plans on implementing online multiplayer.
August 16, 2008 08:49PM
ya hopefully we see it sooner than later lol im not the most patient guy. I do realize how much effort and skill it takes to port a game like that so i respect the give as much time as needed to the developers. I cant wait for online multiplayer! thats gonna be great!
August 16, 2008 09:06PM
I believe the guy who did Wii quake said he was sick of it and would think about possibly doing the other quakes. I don't believe either of them are actively being worked on. I also don't believe multiplayer for the first quake is actively being worked on either.
August 16, 2008 09:36PM
dam that sux
August 16, 2008 09:40PM
You could try finding the people who have done ports of those quakes to other platforms and e-mail them to see if they're interested in doing a Wii port.
August 16, 2008 10:10PM
I'm happy with the Orginal Quake (even though the enemy's look 2D).
August 16, 2008 10:25PM
Arikado
I believe the guy who did Wii quake said he was sick of it and would think about possibly doing the other quakes. I don't believe either of them are actively being worked on. I also don't believe multiplayer for the first quake is actively being worked on either.

That is unfortunate. Just so it doesn't look like I was talking out my ass, here's what the dev eluan said about a month ago reguarding online mp:

"Even if we need a tcp-udp wrapper, online will be implemented. It's something I really want to do."

link to full post: [www.tehskeen.com]
August 16, 2008 10:40PM
August 17, 2008 02:40AM
I have the source for Quake 3, but I don't know how recent it is, but then again none of them are really that recent. I had a look at the source, there's a lot of it, but as said above it's only a matter of time before 2 is ported and possibly 3.
August 17, 2008 06:10AM
WolfET is based on quake 3 engine it would be great if it got ported so that WolfET could be ported as well.
August 17, 2008 07:49AM
Just because it's the same engine doesn't mean it will be simple...
August 17, 2008 05:30PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 3 quake games DOS games? Also does anyone know where I can download quake's PAK1.pak file? Without it I'm stuck playing the shareware version on the Wii.
August 18, 2008 01:59AM
No I don't think that quake 3 is a dos based game.
August 18, 2008 02:38AM
Quake 1 and 2 were dos, I think quack 3 was slightly later, 95 perhaps?
August 18, 2008 07:58AM
Arikado
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 3 quake games DOS games? Also does anyone know where I can download quake's PAK1.pak file? Without it I'm stuck playing the shareware version on the Wii.
Isn't that a little illegal question? If it was legal to get is easily(free), why then isn't it included with the Hb-release?
August 18, 2008 04:03PM
@WiiPhlex
Because if they're DOS games we should be able to play them soon with vader's DOS emulator.

@Dykam
Yeah, I guess so. I thought only the .exe was illegal.
August 19, 2008 02:42AM
And the io streams are automatically handled with this emulator?
August 19, 2008 02:36PM
... It is a port. not an emulator, is it?
August 19, 2008 02:38PM
Arikado said something about a DOS emu...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login