Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii U Pro Controller and Bluetooth data

Posted by wii111 
Wii U Pro Controller and Bluetooth data
January 12, 2014 08:31AM
I've been looking into learning how the Wii handles bluetooth data and have a few questions. I've searched a lot but there are very few examples of homebrew code dealing with bluetooth.

What is the best way to test communication between the Wii U Pro (or any wii controller) and the bluetooth adapter (Wii or USB dongle)? So far I have been able to connect the Wii U Pro in Windows using the toshiba stack. I want to be able to send data to the controller and examine the response. Eventually I want to do this all on the Wii with the eventual goal being Wii U Pro support for the original Wii and some homebrew apps. I'm looking into doing it in Linux using xWiimote but for now I don't have a good Linux machine running.

Has anyone experimented with bluetooth on the Wii at all or have any code samples showing how it would be used?

It seems easy enough to handle data from all other Wii controllers because they're already integrated but the Wii U Pro is more interesting since it apparently needs some special bluetooth processing even though it's really no different than an original wii controller with an attachment.
Re: Wii U Pro Controller and Bluetooth data
January 13, 2014 02:12AM
I'm not sure if this will help; [www.wiibrew.org]
Re: Wii U Pro Controller and Bluetooth data
January 13, 2014 04:42AM
owen
I'm not sure if this will help; [www.wiibrew.org]

Thanks, I've looked at that and from what I can see it's all USB and it just reads/writes the PS3 controller's MAC using the USB interface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login