Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PS2 - to - Wii controller adapter

Posted by hockey2112 
PS2 - to - Wii controller adapter
July 21, 2014 11:41PM
Hello,

I recently ordered a couple of these PS2 - to - Wii controller adapters (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable-for-Game-PS-PS2-to-Nintendo-Wii-/360855745986?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5404adb5c2). They plug in just fine, but it appears that the only inputs that are being recognized by the various emulators I have tested it with (FCE Ultra GX, Wii64, etc) are the left directional stick and the start/select buttons. X, O, Square, and Triangle, as well as the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons, are not supplying any input to the Wii. the same is true on the Wii home screen... the left analog stick and the start/select buttons are the only buttons that provide input.

Does anyone here have any experience with these adapters and/or know how to make them work with these emulators? I have tried adjusting the button mapping settings in the emulators' settings, but that had no effect.

I ordered these adapters because I could not find any low-cost Wii controller solutions or use with emulators such as Wii64. N64 games just aren't very pleasureable to play using the normal Wiimote.

Thanks!
Re: PS2 - to - Wii controller adapter
March 11, 2015 07:58PM
hey, i sometimes use a playstation adapter, im on school wifi so i cant see the ones you have but my guess is your adapters are bad, you can try to get a different brand
or you might try turning your wii on, then plugging the adapter in
u could re-attach the adapter, that might help
best of luck to you^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login