Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DivX & mPlayer Affect GPU?

Posted by tiktok4321 
DivX & mPlayer Affect GPU?
January 18, 2009 12:07AM
I recently installed homebrew, downgraded to 3.2U from 3.4U and installed the Divx for end users so that I could run mPlayer. Since then, I had to upgrade my CIOS to 3.3U to run both Rock Band and Wii Fit (which I paid close to $200 for the pair, so since a DVD player is much less than that, I abandoned my DVD efforts).

Fortunately, it only had to upgrade to 3.3U for Rock Band and Wii Fit to work. Unfortunately, Wii Fit now has spontaneous moments where the Video blacks out (tested this, and the actual video out is disabled - not just a black screen). When it returns, it is as if nothing ever happened. No error or nothin'.

Now, the Wife is pissed that the Wii is not functioning correctly. Even upgraded all the way back up to 3.4, but to no avail.

Anyone know if the Divx or Mplayer install had anything to do with the video output getting messed up?

If so, is there a fix?

Thanks!
Re: DivX & mPlayer Affect GPU?
January 18, 2009 05:04AM
I have DVDx and Mplayer with no ill effects on Wii fit with 3.3U. No downgrade or CIOS though.
January 19, 2009 01:59AM
I had the same problem, might aswell go back to 3.2 if you have before, but all is needed is to unplug your wii two times. do not ask me why but it worked for me lol
January 19, 2009 07:40AM
Edit: nevermind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 07:41AM by GHNeko.
January 20, 2009 04:02AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login