Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii fresh start

Posted by bg4m3r 
Wii fresh start
February 03, 2009 05:20PM
Ok, so I've been poking around with homebrew for a while now, and have just downgraded to 3.2 due to having encountered several apps that I would like to use that require 3.2. I used Tonas AnyRegion Changer to perform the downgrade, and the process seemed to go fine, but when it got done, ARC showed that there was a system menu/region mismatch and it spouted out a couple errors when I exited the program. I rebotted the Wii and everything seems to be ok, and shows that it's 3.2 in the system settings.

I don't like random errors when I do things like this, and even though everything seems to be ok, I'm now worried that there is some deadly bug floating around in my Wii waiting to brick me or some such crap. What I would like to do is completely wipe my Wii, system data and all, and put a fresh 3.2 on. Is this possible? I thought I would ask, since Preloader seems like it could make this sort of thing a reality.
Re: Wii fresh start
February 04, 2009 12:02AM
I just downgraded a few days back from 3.3v1 and had the SAME issue you had... icefire suggested changing the region to E then back to U, but that didn't make any difference, so I wouldn't if I were you...

If you are going to use preloader AND starfall, be sure to do starfall first...
February 04, 2009 12:27PM
Well, I was thinking about using both Starfall and Preloader, but since I just installed Preloader last night, I guess I won't be using Starfall, but that's fine. What's the issue there? I don't know anything about how Starfall works.

Good to know it wasn't just me. I don't seem to be having any issues...everything is still working, except I'm having trouble with healthii working, but that seems to be a widespread problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 12:28PM by bg4m3r.
February 04, 2009 03:14PM
starfall patches whatever preloader moves somewhere else...so starfall can't patch it since it was moved

I haven't had any issues either
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login