Wii bricked by homebrew 4.0 update
April 02, 2009 04:30AM
so I tried updating my Wii to 4.0 through a homebrew app that allowed homebrew to work still, it ends up totally bricking my Wii
nothing works except the disk drive accepting(not booting) and ejecting disks, and the fan
about my Wii:
IOSs were downgraded
Starfall not installed (even when I downgraded to 3.2 it never worked)
No mod-chip
System menu was at 3.4

Should I use Savemii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 04:32AM by adriande2.
Re: Wii bricked by homebrew 4.0 update
April 02, 2009 11:00PM
what do you see when you turn on your wii?
April 03, 2009 05:48AM
nothing, and it's not the video connection

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 05:49AM by adriande2.
April 03, 2009 03:25PM
ok try tuning on your wii WITH YOUR WIIMOTE, if it doesnt turn on then theres probably something wrong with your bluetooth module
April 04, 2009 07:11PM
It turns on but the wiimote won't connect after that
and also, I have to use the force shut-down to turn off the Wii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 07:13PM by adriande2.
April 04, 2009 09:34PM
Does the save mii do anything? Or is there any sound? If not it sounds like your wii has become worth as much as you can get off of ebay for spare parts unless it is under warranty. If it is under warranty you can send it in. It is is pretty much given that they won't be able get your motherboard to work and they will replace everything that could be bad. My wii did the exact same thing. The light would go from red to green (on the wii) but nothing would appear on the screen, there would be no sound, you could hear the dvd drive spin but nothing would happen, when you try to sync the remotes nothing would fait to sync (although you could turn on the wii with the remote and it would not turn it off with the remote), the fan would spin, and when you put a save mii in the red light would come on but the green light would not light..... It sounds like the same problem.... My problem happened after updating too, but before v 4.0.
April 16, 2009 09:14PM
may this be a lesson to you, DON'T USE WANINKOKO'S DOWNGRADER!!!
April 18, 2009 03:46PM
me too.
April 18, 2009 03:52PM
in the process of restarting (hombrew channel after i install some thing ) my wii it was thinking..........then my doter drop the wii and the power cord came out .After that, I put it back and nothing,the power is on,no flirt screen or a welcome screen nothing I check all the cables and nothing,the DVD i hear is running but nothing.
rr
April 19, 2009 03:49AM
ruben19ca
in the process of restarting (hombrew channel after i install some thing ) my wii it was thinking..........then my doter drop the wii and the power cord came out .After that, I put it back and nothing,the power is on,no flirt screen or a welcome screen nothing I check all the cables and nothing,the DVD i hear is running but nothing.
rr

if your daughter dropped the wii you should probably send it back lol
April 21, 2009 08:33PM
metroid_maniac
may this be a lesson to you, DON'T USE WANINKOKO'S DOWNGRADER!!!

Especially if you don't know how to use it. Once you update to 4.0 its over.. There isnt a homebrew 4.0 (YET)

(25 March 09: Nintendo has released System Menu 4.0, which includes a batch of IOS updates. Installing new homebrew is disabled by this version, so updating is not recommended at this point.)

I hope my wii never bricks, cause im sure nintendo is going to start making wii's with system menu 4.0 which was made to disable the zelda twlight hack... :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 08:37PM by Soul6ess.
May 28, 2009 05:59PM
I had the same problem and this worked for me took me twelve hours to figure it out with the wii off hold down all three buttons (eject, reset, power) at the same time starting in that order, note this only works with preloader installed, haven't tested it on anything else. I had no video or audio signal, went to homebrew channel ran anyregion changer was fine after that, hope this helps someone, i thought I broke my wii, thank god I didn't
June 03, 2009 09:39AM
Ecartea! Thanks so much! - I was trying to fix a wii that I bricked with the 4.0 update... bought a wasabi mod chip, thinking I could autoboot the universal unbrick disc... well the wasabi apparently doesnt autoboot by default... couldn't get the chip to update, so I installed it into my working softmodded wii - wasabi still couldn't boot any disc at all...... then I decided to install preloader onto my (totally working, mind you) wii - yes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... then my wii began only booting to the black recovery screen, but wouldnt recover..... many hours and tears later...

Read your three button boot - and Viola!!! my wii is sorted! - booted to preloader - reconfigured and all is well...

Still have the bricked wii I started with - black screen no response - GC controller won't force into recovery mode.... breaking my heart.

Any suggestions??

(cheers again Ecartea!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login