Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner brick on 4.0

Posted by ooppee 
Banner brick on 4.0
May 10, 2009 08:06AM
Recently bricked my Wii with a hacked VC game. I know it's a banner brick.
I am on 4.0, and am looking for a way to fix this.
The Savemii/Gamecube D-Pad method is of no use.

Would getting the Drivekey x4 allow me to get a repair disc running (the anytitle deleter bootdisc for example) work by removing the corrupted wad?
Re: Banner brick on 4.0
May 10, 2009 09:20AM
it might. region free settings usually tamper with autoboot setting. for example, if you used trucha on pal zelda tp then 0zdp (pal autoboot) might become Rzde (ntsc-usa standard) as a side effect of the region change. try and find a chip without region changing by default.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 09:22AM by metroid_maniac.
May 12, 2009 01:43AM
you could use a drivechip to load recovery menu and boot the backup disk. google "syn-backup1.31"
May 12, 2009 02:15AM
Ok so getting the Drivekey and using that bootdisc should be everything I need? I downloaded that file you said to. I know using that will remove HBC which sucks, but it's easy to reinstall if you have a modchip correct?
May 19, 2009 08:33AM
kalakoi
you could use a drivechip to load recovery menu and boot the backup disk. google "syn-backup1.31"

Backup disc doesn't work:
Wiibrew: wii backup disc
It also doesn't boot on full bricked Wiis and it's unlikely that it repairs half bricked Wiis since delete all only deletes savegames/settings and not any channel content (Weather/News/Games..) or the firmware.

Ya need a anyregionchanger autobootdisc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login