Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help my wii bricked!!

Posted by Judas543 
Re: Help my wii bricked!!
June 22, 2009 04:18PM
you're pretty much screwed, even though we've found the source of your problem. if anyone has any ideas, please help!
June 22, 2009 05:46PM
if you knew the ECC keys of your wii you could use bushings nand convertion solution.this will cost you $10 though.
June 22, 2009 06:05PM
what are the ECC keys
June 22, 2009 06:30PM
Every Wii's NAND (A chip where the stuff on your wii is stored on) is encrypted with your Wii's private (ECC) key.
The private key (AFAIK) is stored in the Hollywood (Your Wii's graphics chip) in a OTP (One Time Programable, cannot be rewritten) area.

Without the private key it is impossible to decrypt the contents of your NAND.
June 22, 2009 06:31PM
every wii has it's own set of keys which are needed to sign vc games for example...the encryption keys are the reason why you just can't use a wiiware or vc titel copied from the wii of a friend to sd and restore it on your wii...the keys don't match.

these keys are also neccessary for converting a nand image file (from a friends WORKING wii!) to restore on your bricked wii.

but wait a sec...afaik the nand image produced by bootmii contains the ECC keys of your wii.

so here's my idea:

make a nand backup of your bricked wii using bootmii.

send bushing a sane nand backup from a friend + the ECC keys of your bricked wii.

if you can't figure out how to extract the keys of your bricked wii out of the nand backup (of the bricked wii), you could just send him the whole nand backup.

after sending these two nand backups bushing SHOULD be able to create a nand backup that can restore your system files.

and don't forget to donate $10 xD
June 22, 2009 07:07PM
i would event donate more than that just to fix the wii !! So i just need my bricked wii's nand backup bin. And a friends working wii nand.bin. And then bushing would be able to fix it?

But if i don't have another good nand.bin, could bushing have other working nand.bin so he could fix mine, or maybe i could find someone elses nand.bin on the web?
June 22, 2009 08:46PM
the NAND.bin contains the keys, but also the brick. bushing wiil swap the keys in a working NAND dump, as well as (hopefully) the saves and put that onto a working NAND dump, to install onto a new wii. I'll give you mine in a min
June 22, 2009 09:02PM
wow thanks!

Hmm so I can't use the dump the bushing uses to restore on the bricked wii. Like restore the nand.bin from bootmii to get my system unbrick. Or does it only work on a new wii?

Also whats are the pros about 3.2u?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 09:26PM by Judas543.
June 22, 2009 09:10PM
here you go. please don't unecesarily download, i don't have a megaupload account or anything
June 22, 2009 09:48PM
If you contacted Bushing, he might be able to get you a NAND backup with nothing installed except the HBC, but he probably will not unless you pay him.
June 22, 2009 10:03PM
yea i contacted him, im willing to pay $20+. Just waiting for reply
June 23, 2009 02:08AM
THIS is the reason why everybody on earth should have bootmii installed as boot2 xD

would be awesome if someone would ever find a new boot1 exploit to use on newer wiis...although it seems impossible.

anyway, good luck restoring your wii ^^
June 23, 2009 03:24AM
Is it not doable to reinstall the system menu and ios files from the SD card?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 03:48AM by Juan.
June 23, 2009 03:41AM
No, not yet anyway. There are currently no tools that do this and run on MINI.
June 23, 2009 03:58AM
Maybe there are some tools from "the dark side" that can reinstall the system menu and ios files, but discussion of wad is not allowed here. :)
June 24, 2009 02:46AM
Juan
Maybe there are some tools from "the dark side" that can reinstall the system menu and ios files, but discussion of wad is not allowed here. :)
well he doesn't have the IOSs to run anything so the only way it would work is if it used MINI
June 24, 2009 06:34PM
actually If you can take my NAND backup, decrypt it, then encrypt it with his keys it would probably un-brick it at the cost of the saves...
June 24, 2009 06:58PM
well i emailed bushing 2 days ago and no reply yet :(

is he busy?
June 24, 2009 09:18PM
metroid_maniac
actually If you can take my NAND backup, decrypt it, then encrypt it with his keys it would probably un-brick it at the cost of the saves...

i think there is a reason why bushing says "it's a difficult and tedious job". if it were that easy and save, there would be no need for him to offer this service in the first place.

@ Judas543 :

just be patient and wait for a response...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 09:18PM by Sephiroth.
June 25, 2009 12:35PM
Sephiroth
metroid_maniac

i think there is a reason why bushing says "it's a difficult and tedious job". if it were that easy and save, there would be no need for him to offer this service in the first place.
That's for flashing a NAND dump to a different console. that's a different thing all together. this isn't nearly as hard, as he has both the consoles keys and he doesn't need to use a NAND programmer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login