Re: Bricked Wii... need halp
July 29, 2009 07:56PM
Indeed, your NAND FS was formatted. If you know someone who has a Wii and Bootmii, you could give bushing $10 to re-encrypt and re-sign your friend's NAND dump so it could be flashed to your NAND. [forum.wiibrew.org] Other than that, there is no way to fix your Wii other than Nintendo.
July 29, 2009 10:07PM
yellowstar
Indeed, your NAND FS was formatted. If you know someone who has a Wii and Bootmii, you could give bushing $10 to re-encrypt and re-sign your friend's NAND dump so it could be flashed to your NAND. [forum.wiibrew.org] Other than that, there is no way to fix your Wii other than Nintendo.

geh. i wouldn't hesitate to pay bushing to get a resigned NAND, but I'm afraid desoldering and resoldering the NAND is way out of my soldering skillset. i put some feelers out for someone local that might have experience with it and possibly a programmer (infectus?) but if i don't hear something within a few days... i may bite the bullet and send it in. it's been close to 3 weeks since it's been working and I've been jonesing to play again. :(
August 29, 2009 08:38AM
so, a follow-up. i got my wii back from nintendo, of course, they sent a completely different refurb. case is scuffed up a lot more than my old one. got it with 3.3U on it. updated to 4.1, backed up my sd card and formatted it. went to work on hacking, banner bomb, and somewhere between bootmii, patching IOS36, preloader, and installing cIOS38, the system files got corrupted. i use the windows commandline often, and during the above i'd noticed some "The parameter is incorrect" errors on the SD card when doing a dir on root.

before backing up the card, between almost every entry was a "The parameter is incorrect" error. i think my sd card was on it's way out, the reason why the nand/restore backup was useless and ended up bricking it in the first place. it was a Dane-Elec 2GB and probably about a year and a half old.

i could still get into BootMii and HBC, so I ran AnyRegionChanger and rolled it back to 3.2U. works. redid the hacks from scratch and everything's fine now.

bought a new sandisk 2GB today and re-backed up the NAND.

I guess it IS true, BootMii may be picky with it's media, but another major thing to watch out for is using older, possibly failing media. thought it might help to emphasize it to others who might come across the thread.

thanks for the help all, again. going to update to 4.1 again soon and hope i won't need to be back for more help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login