Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

SaveMii and System Menu 2.0

Posted by teeace 
SaveMii and System Menu 2.0
October 10, 2008 07:10PM
A "little" message for everyone who wants to buy a savemii.
I'm a french customer and I have 2 Wii. One PAL 3.1E_v3 (from samba de amigo PAL) works fine with wiinja deluxe.
The other is PAL bricked with paper mario US so I think that it's a PAL wii updated with 2.0U_v2 (I saw that with WiiUpdateManager).
So I'm in the case of the Branch C: “Full Brick” > can't load HTML resources, like in the youtube video.
I bought a savemii, test it with the bricked wii, red light > green light > ...... black screen, no version at the bottom right of the screen : damn!
I test with the working wii, red light > green light > I see V3.1E at the bottom right so the savemii is fine.

For the fun I downgraded the working wii to V2.0E and test it > black screen (same as the bricked one)
V2.1E > black screen
V2.2E > black screen
V3.0E > message at the bottom right!!! Insert Mario Kart and like in the youtube video, savemii launch the update and the V3.0E became a V3.1E.

So I think that if you full brick your wii with a foreign version before the v3.0 ... savemii can't save me ;-)

Do you agree? Any question? Any solution?

Thanks for reading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2008 09:17PM by tona.
Re: SaveMii Q&A
October 10, 2008 08:26PM
October 10, 2008 08:30PM
October 10, 2008 08:38PM
October 10, 2008 08:54PM
October 11, 2008 05:20AM
October 11, 2008 08:58AM
October 11, 2008 09:58AM
October 11, 2008 03:52PM
So I've test it again. I confirm.

On the working wii (PAL V2.0E) :
- The wii+savewii boot the "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO bootable" disc found in gueux forum.
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot a game disc with update or the "wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad" disc.

On the bricked wii (PAL V2.0U) :
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot the "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO bootable" disc.
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot a game disc with update or the "wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad" disc.

What I call "BOOT" > After the lights are green+red, I insert a disc, it turns.... I HEARD THE READING HEAD MOVING.... AND DISC STOPS.
What I call "DON'T BOOT" > After the lights are green+red, I insert a disc, it turns.... turns.... turns.... no working noises, juste turning.
Re: SaveMii and System Menu 2.0
October 16, 2008 07:18PM
October 18, 2008 03:23PM
February 28, 2009 08:36PM
is the wiinja deluxe required or could this be done with just the disk and the savemii
November 06, 2009 11:24AM
THANKS SO MUCH,

I have been holding on to my console for ages hoping someone would create a fix, buy the save mii, do exactly what teeaca says in his post, marcan you are the man for the theory's, and teeaca you are the man for doing it and giving us the exact process, and thankyou to the people who made savemii, the boot disk and the auto boot loader. OMFG, so happy!, I registered just to say thanks. First time I have ever been happy enough to do that, thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login