Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help Accidently Changed Console Video Mode

Posted by davetheant 
Please Help Accidently Changed Console Video Mode
September 11, 2009 08:04PM
I was using any region changer on my NTSC wii, and I accidentally changed my console video mode to PAL. Now whenever I try to load HBC or homebrew, I get a blank screen or no signal. I have bootmii installed to run when i boot. I have tried two different 'fix' discs, and they don't launch when I put them in. I can access recovery mode by holding down all for directions of my gamecube controller, but I don't have a modchip or starfall. Please help me
Re: Please Help Accidently Changed Console Video Mode
September 11, 2009 11:30PM
run anyregion changer with bannerbomb see if that helps
September 11, 2009 11:34PM
davetheant
I was using any region changer on my NTSC wii, and I accidentally changed my console video mode to PAL. Now whenever I try to load HBC or homebrew, I get a blank screen or no signal. I have bootmii installed to run when i boot. I have tried two different 'fix' discs, and they don't launch when I put them in. I can access recovery mode by holding down all for directions of my gamecube controller, but I don't have a modchip or starfall. Please help me
Can you access the system menu?
September 12, 2009 12:58AM
I can run the system menu and access settings. My disc channel also works, for regular discs only. But, whenever I run bannerbomb, the screen goes black and i los signal again
September 12, 2009 01:35AM
davetheant
I can run the system menu and access settings. My disc channel also works, for regular discs only. But, whenever I run bannerbomb, the screen goes black and i los signal again
Put anyregion changer's boot.dol on the root of your SD card (get rid of the boot.dol thats already on the root, if you have one), and then try launching bannerbomb. Same results?

Also, system menu version?
September 12, 2009 05:16AM
i tried upgrading to 4.1 and now im stuck there

im goig to try ur suggestion

EDIT: I tried putting the boot.dol on the root of my MS and started bannerbomb. I saw Any Region Changer for a split second, and then I lost signal again :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 05:21AM by davetheant.
September 12, 2009 11:06PM
Try reformatting your SD card to FAT then have the SD set up like this:

/Private/title/atkn/content.bin ------> BannerBomb
/boot.dol ------> anyregion changer
September 12, 2009 11:11PM
TopGun96

Ehm, thats exactly what I just said...except for the formatting part. :P
Also, I don't think you can run anyregion changer just by using the boot.dol. When you download it, there are a load of other files there, and I think they're necessary for anyregion changer to work....
September 12, 2009 11:59PM
WaxyPumpkin72
TopGun96

Ehm, thats exactly what I just said...except for the formatting part. :P
Also, I don't think you can run anyregion changer just by using the boot.dol. When you download it, there are a load of other files there, and I think they're necessary for anyregion changer to work....

I said it first! (look at my OP in this topic :)

Would putting the "data" folder on the root give it all the files it needed? (plus the boot.dol)
September 13, 2009 12:06AM
how about using loadmii?
September 13, 2009 12:35AM
that would work
September 13, 2009 02:48AM
ok im trying now putting all the rest of the files on the root of my MS

loadmii also gives a blank screen, and I even tried on a different TV but that doesn't work either.
September 13, 2009 03:51PM
and the any region changer still doesn't show up for moret than a split second
September 13, 2009 05:53PM
Hmm, if you can't see it, that doesn't mean its not there. I can't get on my wii right now, but could someone with access to their wii run anyregion changer and just tell him what order of buttons he needs to press to change it back? That might work.....
September 14, 2009 03:30AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Hmm, if you can't see it, that doesn't mean its not there. I can't get on my wii right now, but could someone with access to their wii run anyregion changer and just tell him what order of buttons he needs to press to change it back? That might work.....

I had the same idea. upon getting to the main menu I pressed down 3 times, left, down 3 times, A, down four times, and A twice.. It would go back to wii menu but the problem wasn't solved. I think its got something to do with my TV
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login