Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader brick

Posted by dan3008 
Re: Preloader brick
October 12, 2009 11:39PM
Here's a little IT 101... double check your video cables and your TV's input/aux setting (could have changed accidentally like leaning on the remote). Have you tried cutting the power to the Wii completely? Maybe even give it a minute to clear the circuits.
October 14, 2009 02:37AM
Yeah the tv acts as if the wii isn't connected. On my tv, the no input screen is black and i guess for yours its blue.
October 14, 2009 02:40AM
yeah i tried to turn on my wii using different cables and it didn't make a difference. I also left my wii disconnected for a week and when I turned it back on, it stayed black.
October 15, 2009 12:12AM
i have had a different wii connected useing the same cables just to check that, and it all works. I have checked everything.
October 16, 2009 02:21AM
I tried my cables as well with another wii and it and it all works
October 18, 2009 10:09PM
anyone found a solution for this full brick? i had the same on the exact same way (after preloader)

please let me know
October 20, 2009 11:25PM
Hey does anyone know if save mii frii would work on this brick
October 22, 2009 08:39PM
Are we the only one having this problem?
October 23, 2009 12:50AM
drkphant0m2
Hey does anyone know if save mii frii would work on this brick

No, it wouldn't, because Preloader places itself in front of the system menu, and if Preloader can't load, neither can the system menu, and Savemii/Savemiifrii is a system menu function
October 25, 2009 09:08PM
Can someone please come up with a solution
November 01, 2009 03:26PM
well, having spoke to a professional they recon savemii will work. i have orded one and will keep you all posted.
November 02, 2009 10:51PM
thanks man
November 04, 2009 11:29PM
hi, didnt work just as exspected. still i can return it so its cost nothing to try. OK i hve got a pofesional to look at it and will get news within a few weeks. i will keep you all posted.
November 18, 2009 09:37AM
ok, returned it to nintendo saying i was doing an update when the problem happend and they have returned it to me fixed. I should get it today so i will post later with results.
December 07, 2009 12:52AM
I fix my wii and since im not an asshole like dan3008 who didn't respond I am going to tell you what to do. Ok call nintendo and tell them that you installed the 4.2 update and it bricked your wii and all the other symptoms. They would ask you for a few things and at one point will tell you that they will fix it for free. Now all you need to do is buy a box at fedex and send it to them. They will then give you a completely new wii, free of charge, even without warranty.Just make sure that you don't have a modchip or cd in your wii when you send it.
December 09, 2009 08:27PM
Thanks drkphant0m2!!! Did you actually get your Wii fixed by Nintnedo, or are you just shipping it out to them. I am a little worried since their free offer is for unmodded Wiis only and I'm worried they might be able to detect my HBC.

I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread, installed Priiloader v0.2 and it said it installed ok but at the end it said it was going to restart the wii in 5 seconds but froze there. Tried to turn back on and it was black screened.
December 10, 2009 12:50AM
yeah they sent me a completely new wii but i had to rehack it
December 10, 2009 06:09PM
just4
I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread, installed Priiloader v0.2 and it said it installed ok but at the end it said it was going to restart the wii in 5 seconds but froze there. Tried to turn back on and it was black screened.
that sounds odd. cause 0.2 checks the app for size so it should be written correctly... (i should see if its possible to generate a hash for files on wii and compare it instead of size.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 06:09PM by dacotaco.
December 14, 2009 10:48PM
Thanks for sharing your advice drkphant0m2.

How long did the whole process of sending your Wii to Nintendo take?
December 15, 2009 04:12AM
About 17 days (Not just business)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login