Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader brick

Posted by dan3008 
Re: Preloader brick
December 15, 2009 08:16PM
One more victim of the preloader brick...
Exact same ploblem here.

I followed this guide to update my 3.2E softmodded wii : [www.consolespot.net]

I got stuck on the "waiting 5s" message while installing Preloader 0.29
Finally stopped the wii pressing power for 10s.
And then, Black (no input) screen...

Also tryed savemiifrii unsuccessfully.

Waiting for someone to have a great idea or solution before also trying to send it back to Nintendo...

Another question, will sending it back to Nintendo work even If I baught it 2 years ago?
December 15, 2009 11:14PM
It works without warranty
December 16, 2009 01:29AM
took the SODS ages but i finaly got my wii back. and its fixed. so sending it to nintendo does work. :)
December 16, 2009 11:46AM
Did they charge you Dan?
December 16, 2009 11:45PM
nope. they fixed it for free. If you say you were doing a system update then the will just replace it. Admittedly i got a diffrent wii back. But a diffrent wii with no saved games is bette rthan a dead one.
December 17, 2009 10:30AM
So it looks like they have no way of telling (or at least dont bother at this level). What did they ask you exactly, and how long did it take to get your new Wii from the date you sent it off?
December 18, 2009 01:43AM
i didnt get asked any questions. It took ages to get it back. However mine got caught up in the postal strike both getting there and getting back. So it was at the post office for months on end lol. But when they got it according to the data they sent me it was fixed in less than 2 hours.
January 15, 2010 12:26PM
I sent mine on Wednesday and received it back last night so 8 days total. It was the same Wii I sent to them so they must have just flashed it, haven’t had a chance to see what the firmware version is yet.

My advice is to ring up, say you were doing an update and now the screen is always black when you turn it on.

Also it helps if you can sound like an absolute moron who knows nothing remotely technical, only use one or two syllables words etc.
Another Preloader brick victim
January 29, 2010 03:21AM
I had System Menu v449 (4.2U).
I installed Preloader .29
The Wii Menu said "The system files are corrupted." and had missing parts of the letters.
I installed System Menu v297 (3.2U) and IOS30. No input. BootMii is the only thing keeping me alive.
I need someone to explain the 4.2 brick phone call prank in more detail. I heard about it, but I ever really knew how to do it.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login