Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIXED (mostly) - Bricked my wii from reinstalling preloader

Posted by CapBloodbeard 
FIXED (mostly) - Bricked my wii from reinstalling preloader
October 18, 2009 02:58AM
Ok, so I've come across some problems.....

I used this guide - GBAFail

I was unable to install bootmii to boot2, so I installed it as an IOS. I DID back up my NAND though (thank god)

I skipped the IOS36 step and it all went fine.

Then I used GBAFail again to update from 3.3 to 4.2

This ruined Preloader, and trying to reinstall it said something about IOS36 being edited.

Also, I was unable to run homebrew apps from SD, came up with the 'not a valid Wii application' error

I thought some other fail was the answer, but that failed for some reason.

A quick look through one of the threads and some other advice, and I thought DOP-IOS was the answer - using that I patched IOS 21, 36 and 70

This turned HBC upside down, so I reinstalled HBC and it was fine. However, I was still unable to run homebrew apps from SD.

I reinstalled preloader, and now my system menu is corrupt. Also, bootmii is not appearing in the preloader system menu.

If I access 'boot.elf' through preloader I can get into HBC, and through that I can get into bootmii - however it said that bootmii is not installed thus restoring the NAND is extremely dangerous.

So, should I continue on here to restore my NAND or is there another method? I did come across Almost GBAFail bad guide

Obviously trying to figure it out for myself reading threads on here hasn't gotten me anywhere :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 09:00PM by Arikado.
Re: Bricked my wii from reinstalling preloader
October 18, 2009 04:39AM
im sure it is safe to restore the nand backup
Re: FIXED (mostly) - Bricked my wii from reinstalling preloader
October 18, 2009 08:12AM
From this thread [forum.wiibrew.org]

I found that I simply needed to change Preloader to use IOS 249

Still can't get my apps to work though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login