Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

low level brick

Posted by guerrillase7en 
low level brick
October 30, 2009 10:12PM
I'm really not sure what caused this, i haven't installed any new homebrew in a while nor have i updated. My wii is on 3.2 or 3.3U i can't remember, hbc installed by the twilight hack around a year ago. then last night when i turned the wii on from stand by(yellow light) the wiimote could not come on the LEDs would just flash then go out. so i decided i would turn the wii all the way off (red light) now when i turn it back on it just shows a blank screen no longer even goes to the system menu. I did a little research and according to [savemii.net] it's a Boot 1, 2, or NAND corruption or hardware failure. I don't have bootmii installed. anyone have any ideas what i could do to fix this? plz help my son is going to be very upset when i go pick him up in a few hours:(

thanks in advance
Guerrilla Se7en
Re: low level brick
October 30, 2009 10:29PM
Can you turn it on with Wii Remote.
October 30, 2009 11:04PM
no, the LEDs flash about 6 times or so on the wiimote then goes off but it does not power on the wii, b4 i turned the wii off(red light) it did get it from green to yellow, now it doesn't do anything
October 31, 2009 10:19AM
OK, that means you have a broken Bluetooth module If it makes you feel better, it wasn't your fault. You can either send it back into the big N or fix it DIY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 10:20AM by metroid_maniac.
October 31, 2009 08:11PM
after reseating all connection on the back of the wii i can now get to the system menu, would the savemii frii trick be worth tring? and if so is there a disk i can d/l with just an update so i don't have to try and find a game with an update newer then mine... or do u still think it's the module? btw hanks so much
October 31, 2009 08:43PM
If you can access System Menu, its not bluetooth module, but whats the problem? If you can access System Menu, your Wii is working.
October 31, 2009 09:20PM
the wiimote will not come on it just flashes a few time then goes out, and no it's not the batterys i also tried to hit the sync buttons and still they wont turn on/connect
October 31, 2009 09:25PM
....Then how can you access the system menu? You need to press "A" to get past the health/warning screen or whatever that thing is. If the wiimote won't sync, then how did you get past that screen? 0_O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 09:26PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 31, 2009 09:41PM
WaxyPumpkin72
....Then how can you access the system menu? You need to press "A" to get past the health/warning screen or whatever that thing is. If the wiimote won't sync, then how did you get past that screen? 0_O
After about 30 or so seconds the system menu automatically appears. Try it.
October 31, 2009 10:12PM
Oh, okay. I dizn't knowz taht. Sorry.

:)
November 01, 2009 06:24AM
after freaking out for about 3 days, i was about to fix this, after reseating all cables and taking the gc memory card out i could get the menu to load, then it was just an issue of hitting the sunc buttons on the wiimote and wii to get the motes back up... after freaking out and getting this working i installed bootmii and my only question is anyone know a way to make it load wii menu after a few sec insted of having to hit the reset button evry time i go to play
November 01, 2009 01:44PM
You can use the app BootMii Configuration Editor to set that up. Its on wiibrew.org.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login