Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here is my low level bricked wii, do I need savemii or not?

Posted by GeneralStarshade 
Here is my low level bricked wii, do I need savemii or not?
November 18, 2009 05:15AM
Ok well here is my wii and what happened to it: [www.youtube.com]

Now do I need a savemii or not? And if I do, can someone please tell me how to use it, and the autoboot discs and whatever? Thanks...
Re: Here is my low level bricked wii, do I need savemii or not?
November 18, 2009 08:11AM
what did you do to it?
November 18, 2009 05:55PM
Looks like he themed it. Or had some custom channels? Looks like a banner brick to me.
If that's the case... You are pretty much screwed. You cannot boot an autoboot disk unless you have an autoboot modchip.
So if you got an autoboot modchip run savemii and pop in the autoboot homebrew disk. (AnyTitle Deleter?)

Hope my information was somewhat useful.
November 19, 2009 01:55AM
Yeah, I was thinking a bad theme. If it was a theme, SaveMii and a game disc with an update should fix it. The update has to be newer than your current System Menu version.
November 20, 2009 12:31AM
Ok yea you are right, what happened was that it was a bad theme, and that i updated through nintendo, which wiped bootmii... So i believe right now my wii system menu is whatever new super mario bros is... cause thats what i updated it through... So I need savemii, and what game has higher than 4.1?

Edit; yea the wii menu i installed was fine, its just that it was 4.0, while my wii is 4.1, which will cause a brick i think? i just need to create an autoboot disc. how do you create an autoboot disc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 12:35AM by GeneralStarshade.
November 20, 2009 01:12AM
Updating will not fix your wii.

You need to install an autoboot chip and have it autoboot an ntsc-u brawl disc. Then use Smash Stack to boot a program to restore the trucha bug (discussion of this program is not allowed here, although I have no idea why a link to an old version of it remains on the MPlayer CE page...). Finally, either run a program to delete the theme or use Dop-IOS MOD and have it install the IOS used by your old version of the system menu and then that version of the system menu.
November 20, 2009 03:13AM
Right then, does a drivekey count as an autoboot chip?
November 21, 2009 05:38AM
GeneralStarshade
Right then, does a drivekey count as an autoboot chip?

Yes
November 29, 2009 12:26PM
you cant do anything about it now..you should've saved all your files on your sd card so then that way when something like this happens you can just delete everthing on your wii and upload the files back into your wii

unless of course you have save mii or anything similar to it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 12:29PM by HAWAII_HAX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login