Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MY System files are corrupted. (Banner Brick)

Posted by YankeeFan802 
MY System files are corrupted. (Banner Brick)
December 08, 2008 04:43AM
Well, I read the other thread but his problem is somewhat different than mine. Once I boot up the Wii it is working fine and when I get to the safety warning screen and press "A" it says "System files are corrupted blah blah" Potentially this is a banner brick. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem?
Re: MY System files are corrupted. (Banner Brick)
December 08, 2008 11:02PM
[savemii.net]

Follow the troubleshooting diagram and tell us where you end up... then we can give advice...
especially,

1. do you have a modchip? if yes, which one?
2. what system menu you have?
3. If it's above 3.2, did you ever downgraded your ios's so that they still have trucha bug in them ?
4. do you have starfall installed and installed the recovery mode and diag disc check disable patches?
5. if your wii is not modded, do you have the hacked savefiles for TP in your system?
December 08, 2008 11:07PM
This is where I know I am screwed.

1. do you have a modchip? if yes, which one?: No
2. what system menu you have? 3.3u
3. If it's above 3.2, did you ever downgraded your ios's so that they still have trucha bug in them ? No
4. do you have starfall installed and installed the recovery mode and diag disc check disable patches?No
5. if your wii is not modded, do you have the hacked savefiles for TP in your system?I deleted it foolishly T_T

I followed the troubleshooting thing and I end up in "BootMii". I do not want to wait that long due to the fact Christmas is coming up and this is a family console. I wanted to know if there is anyway of doing it.

All I need is a boot hack. That boots right into HBC and my problems are solved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 11:08PM by YankeeFan802.
December 09, 2008 01:44AM
Well no known way to fix your wii at the moment...
You should send it to nintendo to fix it.. or to the guys that installs that bootmii stuff into the nand using hardware means...

My 2 cents...

If you had replied yes to one of 3,4 or 5 then it was solveable yet still with a modchip...
December 09, 2008 03:56AM
Well, if anything comes up please notify me.
January 02, 2009 10:59PM
Well, I should have posted this a while ago, but I sent it in and got it back :D
February 11, 2009 02:54AM
Hey, I have the same problem as well. Did you have any modifications to the wii at all? I'm thinking that I should send my wii in to nintendo to have it fixed, by I have HBC on it, so is that going to cause a problem?
Anonymous User
March 08, 2009 03:44AM
seek
Hey, I have the same problem as well. Did you have any modifications to the wii at all? I'm thinking that I should send my wii in to nintendo to have it fixed, by I have HBC on it, so is that going to cause a problem?

Yeah they probaly wont except it since of the HBC (voids warranty)
March 08, 2009 03:54AM
I've heard they don't always check what's on it but no one is really sure...
March 08, 2009 02:04PM
just for the record, while you still had your banner bricked wii you still couldve played games on it, all you had to do was get a modchip then backup all your games and make them autoboot.
March 08, 2009 10:39PM
we perceive the EULA to state that things like the HBC void warranties, but it does not say so specifically...and it mentions 3rd party devices..basically anything without a Nintendo Seal of Approval...so I would try anyway...the worst they can say is that it is actually voided, do you want to pay $XX.XX to fix it? But more than likely, it would slip...
Anonymous User
March 09, 2009 08:57PM
DrLucky
we perceive the EULA to state that things like the HBC void warranties, but it does not say so specifically...and it mentions 3rd party devices..basically anything without a Nintendo Seal of Approval...so I would try anyway...the worst they can say is that it is actually voided, do you want to pay $XX.XX to fix it? But more than likely, it would slip...
[www.nintendo.com]

In chapter 2 all it mentions no use of third party products but 'homebrew' isnt in there. Your warranty is void as soon as its installed but if you want you can try to send them it.
April 10, 2009 11:02PM
I had preloader installed. I used it to access the homebrew channel. Using anyregeonchanger, I downgraded my Wii. It worked like a charm.
April 25, 2009 08:30PM
Yes, your warranty will be voided
[hackmii.com]
June 13, 2009 06:21PM
1. do you have a modchip? if yes, which one? No
2. what system menu you have? 3.3
3. If it's above 3.2, did you ever downgraded your ios's so that they still have trucha bug in them ? No
4. do you have starfall installed and installed the recovery mode and diag disc check disable patches? No
5. if your wii is not modded, do you have the hacked savefiles for TP in your system? Yes

what different ways are there to get my wii working again?
much appreciated (Y)
My wii'z been showin this message for a looong time now, i havent been able to find a fix...i have homebrew channel and twilight hack installed already...what can i do to make my wii work again?
June 25, 2009 10:49PM
Well, you can always try maintenance mode(hold + and - and A at health screen. Probably won't do anything, but it's worth a shot.
June 26, 2009 12:16AM
This is where I know I am screwed.

right here: YankeeFan802

:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 12:16AM by mdbrim.
June 26, 2009 01:42AM
pwned. (But insanely off topic)
August 05, 2009 04:38AM
i sent my wii to nintendo with homebrew installed...they fixed it for free =D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login