Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot play Gamecube games

Posted by HyperHacker 
Cannot play Gamecube games
January 18, 2010 10:06PM
I have System Menu 3.2, HBC installed. I had applied a few patches with Starfall (kill health screen, allow copying saves) ages ago. Everything worked fine last time I used it, which would have been a few months ago. Yesterday I found I could no longer play any Gamecube games. The disc animation shows normally but when I click Start, the screen fades out and the game never starts. Power/eject buttons still respond and Wii games still work.

I haven't used it in forever so I don't remember for sure but I don't think BootMii or any other hacks are installed, beyond the stuff noted above.
Re: Cannot play Gamecube games
January 18, 2010 11:07PM
Perhaps a Starfall region free hack is causing the problem. Try removing this patch if it is installed. If that doesn't work, download BC and MIOS with NUS Downloader and install them with WAD Import.
January 19, 2010 01:38AM
The problem seems to be more severe than I first realized. Nothing will load in HBC; the progress stays at 0%, and network does not initialize. Yesterday's play history shows Twilight Princess for 23:59 rather than Brawl for a few hours. I'm also sometimes seeing a few pixels which flicker random colours.

I already had one Wii with that pixel problem which then became severe video artifacts and lag, and had it replaced under warranty. I should hope the same hasn't happened to this one.
January 19, 2010 03:35AM
That is odd. I have heard the the Region Free hack on startpatch causes a failure in GC games but have never heard of the playlog error. The fact the your HBC doesn't function correctly could be the cause of many things.
January 19, 2010 04:12AM
Did you use the Twilight Hack to launch homebrew to run brawl? That would explain the play log issue. Anyway, try using the Twilight Hack or Bannerbomb to launch Starfall. You should also try (re)installing the latest version of the Homebrew Channel.

Regarding the flickering pixels, you may need to send your wii in for repair if it is a problem. If you do this, you must remove all traces of homebrew from your wii, or Nintendo will refuse to fix it.
January 29, 2010 08:50AM
Just wondering if you tried playing ikaruga before this happened, thats when I realized my gc stopped working. It will still load the audio, but not the video, and loading through the hbchannel works, but then they freeze. I found someone else on the forum with the same problem and they were trying to play ikaruga also.
January 29, 2010 09:35AM
TheTriscut
Just wondering if you tried playing ikaruga before this happened, thats when I realized my gc stopped working. It will still load the audio, but not the video, and loading through the hbchannel works, but then they freeze. I found someone else on the forum with the same problem and they were trying to play ikaruga also.

nvm, my problem was the region free hack with starfall, I just had to disable it.
January 31, 2010 07:30AM
It was Mario Kart, which has always been just fine, but yes, it does seem to be an issue with the region hack. Starfall also refused to load for some reason until I updated it and installed BootMii, then I removed those hacks and the games start up fine. Yay.
February 01, 2010 02:01AM
jbc007
Perhaps a Starfall region free hack is causing the problem. Try removing this patch if it is installed. If that doesn't work, download BC and MIOS with NUS Downloader and install them with WAD Import.
Discussion of WADs is not allowed.
February 01, 2010 03:21AM
davidcalman_32
jbc007
Discussion of WADs is not allowed.
Normally you would be correct but in this case, they are legal WADs. NUS Downloader and WAD import are both supported here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login