Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem, please help!

Posted by Fino 
Problem, please help!
March 04, 2010 04:07AM
Few days ago I updated to the latest version of homebrew. This afternoon I try to turn on my wii, and the screen on my tv is blank. I try holding the power button on my wii to turn it off and then turning it back on and I get the same result, also tried unplugging my wii. However, when I did this the blue led light on the front started flashing. I thought it might be a problem with bootmii, so I take the sd card out and try again. Again, nothing appears on screen, but the blue light stopped flashing. Later, I put the SD card back in and tried again and this time boot-mii loads, but when I try to go to homebrew or the system menu the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

I'm not sure what to do at this point and would really appreciate some help.
Re: Problem, please help!
March 04, 2010 04:27AM
What is your NAND FS usage? You can see this by selecting the gear icon in Bootmii. Also, what does it report for your system menu version? Anyway, restore a NAND backup, assuming you made one.

If you don't have a NAND backup, you can use Comex's NAND formatter. Be sure to read the readme first.
March 04, 2010 07:13PM
So, do I just put that file at the root of my SD card?
March 05, 2010 01:29AM
What file?
March 05, 2010 07:01AM
the formatter.elf file you linked me to
March 05, 2010 07:51AM
Did you see this first?
jbc007
What is your NAND FS usage? You can see this by selecting the gear icon in Bootmii. Also, what does it report for your system menu version? Anyway, restore a NAND backup, assuming you made one.
March 05, 2010 05:52PM
Yeah, I didn't make a backup =/
March 05, 2010 06:51PM
It would be nice if you answer my question, as it could make a difference if your NAND FS usage is 3.3%. Anyway, you can put the NAND formatter wherever you want. Make sure that you have the correct WADs in a folder called wad on the root of your SD card, then locate and select formatter.elf in the SD section of Bootmii.
March 05, 2010 07:03PM
NAND FS usage: 62.3%
What does that mean .-.?

I don't know much about this stuff sorry, guess that's why I came here for help =]

EDIT: also, for system menu it says "unknown bootia boot2v2"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 07:10PM by Fino.
March 05, 2010 07:09PM
This simply means that your system menu was deleted. There should be no issue using Comex's NAND formatter to fix it.
March 05, 2010 07:11PM
okay, so I have the .elf file at the root... what other files do I need?
March 05, 2010 07:14PM
Use NUS Downloader to download the WADs mentioned in the readme. Make a folder called wad on the root of your SD card and put the WADs in it. Then launch the formatter from Bootmii.
March 05, 2010 07:20PM
oh cool... to get the wads I need a windows computer... fml

lol
March 05, 2010 11:49PM
Get WineBottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/) if using OSX, or Wine if using Linux, and use that to run NUSD to get the WADs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 11:50PM by WikiFSX.
March 22, 2010 08:42PM
Okay, so I finally got the files. it says I should put the files in my wad folder... I don't have one on my sd card. I'm wondering if there's other files I might need. what should my sd card look like?
like, have the formatter.elf file on the root and my wad file on the root as well?

Thanks, hopefully I'll get this figured out before mlg orlando. haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 08:42PM by Fino.
March 23, 2010 12:02AM
On the root of your SD card, make a new folder and name it wad. Put the four WADs mentioned in the readme in the folder you just created. Finally, launch the NAND formatter from the SD card section in Bootmii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 12:04AM by jbc007.
March 24, 2010 06:36AM
I did that, a screen came up at is said installing, fsize, and then done... what do I do after that? it freezes up there. I can't exit or do anything and my system menu still doesn't know

EDIT: I should add, it looked like only one of the wads installed... and I go back to do it again and it still only installs one

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 07:28AM by Fino.
March 24, 2010 08:13AM
which wad is installing? And are you using sysmenu 3.1 and ios30?
If so remove all the wads from the folder and copy first the ios30 wad to the wad folder then the sysmenu. And then the rest
Then try again and see what happens
March 24, 2010 07:54PM
Just a quick thought. If only his sysmenu was deleted, couldn't he just re-install it, rather than formatting?
March 24, 2010 08:13PM
cactusjack901
Just a quick thought. If only his sysmenu was deleted, couldn't he just re-install it, rather than formatting?

Simply installing a system menu and its IOS would not work. However this probably would. Unfortunately, since he can't access the Homebrew Channel, launching it would require the use of an unsupported program. Besides, this version of the formatter only installs WADs, it does not actually format the NAND.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login