Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Permanently semi-bricked Wii??

Posted by Stains 
Re: Permanently semi-bricked Wii??
April 26, 2009 09:41AM
Does anyone know about any new games with the system 4.0 update (NTSC-U)? I think I am semi bricked at 3.4. I have seen three new games that offer a system update, Final Fantasy CC Echoes of Time, Marbles Balance Challenge and Excitebots Trick Racing. Is the update on these 4.0? Would it be safe to do it? Thanks.
May 02, 2009 09:24AM
charliebrown
Does anyone know about any new games with the system 4.0 update (NTSC-U)? I think I am semi bricked at 3.4. I have seen three new games that offer a system update, Final Fantasy CC Echoes of Time, Marbles Balance Challenge and Excitebots Trick Racing. Is the update on these 4.0? Would it be safe to do it? Thanks.

I would really appreciate some advice and help with my problem.
I cannot play any new games on my semi bricked Wii, all the above mentioned games need a system update before they will play. I am semi bricked at 3.4. Can I update from these games to allow them to be played and secondly will it correct the opera screen error and give me back the settings screen? ( These are NTSC american games and the console is NTSC american too.)
Really grateful for some guidance. Thanks.
May 02, 2009 02:53PM
charliebrown

for now play them using gecko os if thats not too much of a problem
May 02, 2009 11:19PM
jassim
charliebrown

for now play them using gecko os if thats not too much of a problem

I am hesitant to install things like HBC, twilight hack, gecko etc. as I would not know what to do in case a problem arose and wouldn't be able to fix it. Having read about it a lot of places, I was hoping to go the route of updating from a game with the new system update. This in my case would be 4.0. Do you know of any new games which have this update? Thanks.
May 16, 2009 08:41AM
I decided to bite the bullet after being encouraged by a member in another forum and updated with Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. It worked!! My settings are back, the opera screen is gone and the games work. FF CC Echoes of Time, Excitebots Trick Racing and Cate West are the ones that I have tried and they work. System is showing 3.4U. I hope this information is useful to someone in a similar situation. The only thing which puzzles me is that I would have thought that DK Jungle Beat, being a very new game would have updated my Wii to 4.0. Any thoughts anyone?
May 30, 2009 03:04PM
ISO Patching comment removed. AFAIK, this topic has solved it's original and hitchiked problems.

Topic Locked.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.