Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My wii is Bricked

Posted by blacknova777 
My wii is Bricked
February 26, 2011 11:16PM
My wii is Bricked and It can only run the bootmii if I try to launch anything the screen turns black. If I do not Have then SD card in It just turns black Help?
Re: My wii is Bricked
February 26, 2011 11:54PM
also wii mote does not connect
February 26, 2011 11:57PM
Can you open the homebrew channel? If you can, you have a broken Bluetooth module. There is nothing you can do to fix it except from oening your console and swapping harware around.
February 26, 2011 11:59PM
no I can not open the hombrew channel... oh boy opening hardware time
February 27, 2011 12:10AM
What caused this brick, that may yeild some clues
February 27, 2011 12:13AM
ooh Can't remember much but I think I just turned it off then It booted bootmii and black screen
February 27, 2011 12:18AM
I can back up my wii but if I go to Wii menu or Hombrew It just goes black...
February 27, 2011 02:02PM
Download the Hackmii Installer, and using Bootmii's SD browser try to load bootmini.elf.
March 02, 2011 01:36PM
ok I remember something I ran my wii for 72 hours straight.
with the boot mini when I try to run it, Then screen this time turns green. Progress?
March 02, 2011 08:12PM
Not really. Bootmini is just a version of the Hackmii installer Bootmii likes. I have no idea what's wrong. Make sure the Wii is backed up, and use comex's NAND formatter to reinstall a fresh system. If that doesn't work, it's a hardware problem.
March 02, 2011 08:16PM
I'm not sure if it would help but you could try renaming "bootmini.elf" to "ppcboot.elf" and put it in the "bootmii" folder on your SD card. When you turn on your Wii with the SD card it should try to load the HackMii Installer automatically.
March 02, 2011 09:23PM
I believe the green screen error is a reasonably common one with the MINI version of the HackMii Installer. Perhaps it'll be fixed with future versions of the installer and then it'll run on your Wii, allowing you to reinstall HBC?

BTW, check your PMs for details I have sent (well, will send) you of a program that may prove useful to you, but I can't link to here because of the site it is detailed on.

EDIT: Do you not have an old NAND dump to restore? If not, that was foolish. But what I am PMing you should still work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 09:25PM by SifJar.
March 02, 2011 11:54PM
Thank you for your time I really appreciate it
March 08, 2011 06:57AM
Smells like something gx or usb, or something I can't say.
March 08, 2011 03:45PM
mauifrog
Then why did you?
March 08, 2011 07:38PM
bg4545
mauifrog
Then why did you?
Just so the OP can understand the cause of his brick, so he does not do it again. The cause of the brick is the most impOrtant thing, without the cause we can not prevent it.
March 08, 2011 09:17PM
mauifrog

There is nothing to suggest the brick is caused by usb loading or that the OP even uses usb loaders.
March 08, 2011 10:08PM
@blacknova777
bg4545
I'm not sure if it would help but you could try renaming "bootmini.elf" to "ppcboot.elf" and put it in the "bootmii" folder on your SD card. When you turn on your Wii with the SD card it should try to load the HackMii Installer automatically.
Try this. It fixed the green screen issue for me.

@mauifrog
I don't see how you came to that conclusion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login