Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Letterbomb install stuck at "Press 1"

Posted by gps1539 
Letterbomb install stuck at "Press 1"
December 22, 2012 04:36AM
Hi

I'm new to homebrew.

I have a Wii on 4.3U and I'm trying to install homebrew (mainly for the opensource tools & games)

I've copied the letterbomb.zip contents to fat32 formatted sd-card and I can start the letterbomb process. It goes thru the 1st screen and states it sees a valid boot file. Then it takes me to a warning message about not paying for letterbomb and ask "Press 1 to continue". However when I try nothing happens. If I try to resync the remote it will not sync. I have 2 remotes and neither respond.

After I power cycle the Wii the remotes works fine, but when I open the letterbomb the remotes stop working again and I can not install homebrew. Is this a known issue? any workarounds.

BTW. I created to zip file by providing the Wii's MAC and version # and tried creating the zip twice. Same issue,

thanks in advance

G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2012 04:37AM by gps1539.
Re: Letterbomb install stuck at "Press 1"
December 24, 2012 04:32AM
Did a little research and seems other have run into to this when trying to re-install HBC. My Wii is used (Craigslist), and I'm guessing the last owner may have had some mods installed and reformatted the memory, however this apparently doesn't clean everything. Is there a method to return the Wii to a factory default?
December 25, 2012 06:23AM
The installer make a log on sd:\installer.log. Have a look at that log, perhaps paste it here.
December 27, 2012 06:16PM
Thanks for the reply. There isn't an installer.log file, I guess I'm getting stuck before the install starts.

Note. Going to try a GC controller to see if that lets me get passed "Press 1"
December 28, 2012 09:25AM
Well, it is reported that some controlers with wii MotionPlus (TM) intergrated often won't work with the hackmii installer (this is the programm called by letterbomb to expoilt the wii). You might want to try the following:

1. Use a gamecube controller to controll the installer
2. Disconnect any additional controllers or add-ons (nunchuk, MotionPlus e.t.c, e.t.c)
3. Use an older controller (without MotionPlus) to controll the installer
4. Upgrade your hackmii installer (check [bootmii.org] ) (newer versions support newer controllers)
5. Use another expoilt (there are many out there :) )
6. Try launching another homebrew software via letterbomb (replace boot.dol with another file) and check if the wiimote works
7. Check if the wii remote is correctly synced (try tapping the sync button on both the console and the remote)
I cannot held responsible if you brick your wii as a result of following the prodecures described.
Hope I was helpful :).
December 29, 2012 12:58AM
I don't have the GC controller yet, but I'll report back when I do.
December 29, 2012 01:45PM
linuxlalala
Well, it is reported that some controlers with wii MotionPlus (TM) intergrated often won't work with the hackmii installer (this is the programm called by letterbomb to expoilt the wii). You might want to try the following:

1. Use a gamecube controller to controll the installer
2. Disconnect any additional controllers or add-ons (nunchuk, MotionPlus e.t.c, e.t.c)
3. Use an older controller (without MotionPlus) to controll the installer
4. Upgrade your hackmii installer (check [bootmii.org] ) (newer versions support newer controllers)
5. Use another expoilt (there are many out there :) )
6. Try launching another homebrew software via letterbomb (replace boot.dol with another file) and check if the wiimote works
7. Check if the wii remote is correctly synced (try tapping the sync button on both the console and the remote)
I cannot held responsible if you brick your wii as a result of following the prodecures described.
Hope I was helpful :).

All issues with the Wii Remote Plus have been fixed for the past few revisions. As for your list of suggestions:

1. Maybe valid
2. Should not make any difference, have never experienced any issues with this sort of thing
3. Unnecessary, as I said, the issues have been fixed
4. They are already using the latest version, seeing as they are using the one included with letterbomb which will be the newest one
5. Makes absolutely no difference, once the HackMii Installer is running it does not matter in the slightest how it was launched
6. Doesn't really solve the problem, just shows there is nothing wrong with the wii remote, which should be evident from using it in official software
7. Maybe valid, but they probably have it synced, or else they wouldn't have gotten as far into the process as they did I don't think

And none of that stuff will brick the Wii ;)
January 01, 2013 01:44AM
Solved 1 problem and found another (solved that too)

Using a GC controller allow me to start the installer.
However the installer could NOT find a vulnerable IOS, thankfully the FAQ @ [hbc.hackmii.com] provide the needed hint.

Solved problem 2

Using the letterbomb method I loaded DOP-Mii. (renamed boot.elf to boot.elf_old and coped the DOP Mii boot file to / of my SD).
From DOP Mii I did a system check and found 4 ISOs had been fakesigned (by previous Wii owner I assume). I reinstalled those with DOP Mii, choosing the latest version and selected No to all patches i.e. a clean IOS
Powered off, removed SD card, renamed the hbc boot.elf and reloaded
Loaded hbc via letterbomb and using GC controller successfully installed HBC. It installed in ISO 58, which was previously fakesigned.

I now have the HBC and all looks good. Now for some learning

Thanks all for your input and ideas.
November 04, 2014 03:10AM
I use the same metod to get rid of this problem. The Gamecube controller works! I have bought a new one only to press A. Thanks for your help.

The problem 2 was solved by following the instructions in this link: Fixing Your IOSes for the HackMii installer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login