Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Wii can't run Wii to Wii U Transfer?

Posted by ultimodragon64 
Homebrew Wii can't run Wii to Wii U Transfer?
January 29, 2013 07:30AM
I'm really hoping somebody here can help me. I installed the homebrew channel on my Wii years. About two years ago the disc drive stopped working, but I was still under warranty with Nintendo. I knew it was risky, but I formatted the wii and sent it in for repair.

It came back with a note that Nintendo had found "the homebrew channel" on the Wii, which voids the warranty and it wouldn't be repaired. Fair enough. But they also nerfed the Wii to the point where I can't take it online.

Here's the message.
[www.youtube.com]

The problem is, I have spent hundreds of dollars in the Wii shop and I want to transfer those purchases to my Wii U. I can't download the wii to wii u transfer on my Wii, so I had to download it on my wii u and then move it to the sd card. I then popped the sd card in my wii and ran the transfer program off the sd card. Heres the bummer, I get a "This system cannot perform this operation" message as soon as it boots?

Is there anyway to get around this? Any help would be seriously awesome.
Re: Homebrew Wii can't run Wii to Wii U Transfer?
January 31, 2013 03:14AM
What happens when you try to put the wii online? You can't do the transfer without passing the connection test. So what is the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 03:15AM by mauifrog.
January 31, 2013 06:19PM
I use a wireless connection and it passes the connection test every time. However, when it asks me to update the system I get ERROR CODE 32017. So I can pass the connection test, I just can't actually use the internet?
February 01, 2013 05:07AM
Check to see if priiloader is installed and online updates are blocked.

Or load dopmii and update ios56, ios62, and install the shop channel update. Then install the transfer tool via the shop channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 05:09AM by mauifrog.
February 01, 2013 06:08AM
Ok sweet. I'm trying to figure this out on my own but I've been out of the homebrew scene for a while...

Do I need the homebrew channel installed to run dopmii?
February 01, 2013 02:57PM
You shouldn't need HBC, you could load it with an exploit. However I am not sure, it may work or not. It may give you an error if loaded from exploit and need to be loaded from the HBC to get the ahbprot, not sure. Try it either way.
February 01, 2013 07:19PM
Ok cool, thank you. I will update when I try it later tonight.
February 02, 2013 08:54AM
It worked! Thank you so much! I used dopmii and went to ios56, installed shopping channel, and it was all downhill from there! Thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login