Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii is bricked? Don't know why.

Posted by Ravesavager 
Wii is bricked? Don't know why.
March 03, 2013 02:18AM
I softmoded my wii, played games through USB configurable loader. Worked perfectly. The next day, worked perfectly. So then, the next day, I go buy an external hard drive to have more space for my games. But when i turn on my wii, I am presented with a black screen on my wii. No sound is heard from the wii, like it isn't running. The Wii disk shines blue untill I force it to turn off. I can't boot up Priiloader, even though I've installed it and tested it.

I have my NAND and backup if that helps at all. How can I get this unbricked when I dont even know the problem? Any suggestions or theories?

So to sum it up. I played a game, turned off my wii, and its bricked (I played this game before!)

(GAAAH Wasted 100 dollars on an external hard drive... Please help)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 02:22AM by Ravesavager.
Re: Wii is bricked? Don't know why.
March 03, 2013 02:29AM
Sounds like some sort of hardware failure... I have no idea why the disc drive lights up though.
Did you install Bootmii?
March 03, 2013 02:31AM
Yes I did, but its an ISO (or somthing like that) so i cant boot it unless I go through home brew channel or priiload... which dont work
March 05, 2013 11:51PM
I think i found the problem. I did indeed tested priiloader, but that was before i downgraded it to 4.1 (was 4.3) and soooo i lost priiloader and now cant bootmii.......
March 06, 2013 07:00AM
Get a Game Cube controller. Try to use savemiifrii, see if you are able to load the recovery menu. Are you able to turn the wii on with your synced wiimote?
March 08, 2013 02:25PM
Yes i can turn on the wii with my remotes, but it wont actually connect to player 1 and so forth. I'll try savemiifrii after i find my GC controller...
March 08, 2013 02:35PM
Wait, is it normal? My wii, when i try to boot it, it makes no sound. (hardware wise not tv) Also I had SSBB in it, I couldn't eject it. So i had to disassemble it. If your wii is bricked, should it have still eject the disk? And do you need a recovery disk for savemiifrii?
March 08, 2013 03:58PM
It does not sound good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login