Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner Brick (Korean Wii)

Posted by sk8boy 
Banner Brick (Korean Wii)
January 08, 2009 04:31AM
I had bought a Korean WII which was soft degraded to 3.2 and had a Korean Menu. I try to change the system menu to English with AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b, and downloading installation package from Internet was ok. An error message displayed when finished installation, but i don't remember it. After i reboot WII, everything is fine and when I get to the safety warning screen and press "A", the screen is black. After that, i try to boot into maintenance mode and it's not work.

I have install Homebrew Channel but have not the Twilight Hack.
I have not a drivechip installation.

I want to know whether the SaveMii can help me rescue my Wii. Thanks a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 04:41AM by sk8boy.
Re: Banner Brick (Korean Wii)
January 30, 2009 01:04PM
I believe that as ios30 does't have korean key, it freezes when trying to load korean channels. I dont think a savemii will help as there is no korean key. however if you changed the region settings at the top too then you install a drivechip and try and run anytitledeleter to delete the korean channels in system channels folder with savemii. if that doesn't work after you've deleted channels then try to install HBC from disc, then run gecko os from disc every time you want to play a game. that will only work for non korean games, if you want them you need cios patchmii installer (with korean disc support) and use the special gecko os for that. the ultimate solution would just be to install 3.3K though :-)

hope I helped

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 05:53PM by metroid_maniac.
February 25, 2009 05:05PM
but how do you load the anytitle remover? its have black screen.
February 26, 2009 09:29PM
savemii or savemiifrii
March 01, 2009 03:46PM
but save me only gives me the version number..... what can i do with that ? how can i launch HBC or any other aplication?
i have HBC installed and TH also. but how can i load any aplication if i dont have screen?
March 02, 2009 08:30AM
download wii autoboot tool , wii scrubber, the template iso and key.bin for wii scrubber. (google is your friend!) put every thing in the right folders (read the readmes!) and use wiiscrubber to to put the ATD dol in the place of main.dol (look around in the iso). use the autoboot tool on it, burn it and hope that ATD loads with savemii. if it does then delete all the channels in the "system Channels" folder. all of this requires drivechip. the best idea is just to insert the savemii and the latest korean game then just let it update (don't worry if nothing appears on screen) this does not require drivechip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 08:33AM by metroid_maniac.
July 28, 2009 07:27PM
anyone get autoboot wad manager or sth like that on korean working ? i didn't..

i bricked too... savemii shows 3.2k..
"downgraded" from 3.5k to 3.2e using waninoko downgrader... -> don't worked.. now i only got the "press a" and blackscreen..

i think truncha signer must work.. cause the 3.2 ios wer installed before brick..
but i don´t know about region.. does savemii 3.2k mean: 1. Korean language ? or 2. Korean Region ?

can anyone upload an correct working bootdisc for korean wii ?

every help would be great !
August 05, 2009 01:42PM
The system menu is 3.2u or 3.2e, but the region the Wii thinks it
is korean. this is what causes semi-bricks. so you're semi bricked too.
August 13, 2009 10:49AM
sorry late reply:
last post wasn´t send or sth i think

so what should i do now ?
i think i must build an autoboot dvd with korean region but european key starting WAD manager on one of the 3.2e IOS ?

could you please explain what i should do ?
August 14, 2009 05:28PM
I have the same problem on my Korean wii
Its full bricked 3.2 k in maintenance mode . I have tried to make an autoboot disk with wiiscrubber but don know how to change the default keys of template iso (for booting homebrew or booting region changer) and replacing with the proper korean keys.
there are no tools to change the region of an iso to korea
mi wii can boot autoboot backups of korean games .
so the solution is an an autoboot disk with region changer or homebrew channel starter because the trucha bug is still there.
I need help also.
August 31, 2009 10:38PM
no one an idea ?
September 20, 2009 05:18PM
Hello people ! i bought a few days ago a wii 3.5k version and i have 2 problems:

1) i use a SD card with bannerbomber and try bootmii, doesnt work, also i cant install custom IOS -IOS36xxxxxx- (*.idol file), cant change the region by using anyregion or downgrader winokoko, etc, any help !?!? how can downgrade 3.2us or 3.4e or u ????

2) but my big problem is that i upgrade with Custom VM a cIOS wad (cIOS_fix.wad says that fix -2011 problem but seems that have other problems:)))) ), installed well but when i ejecute most of the *.dol files i get blackscreen so i have to reset my wii, except bootwii and customVM that still working fine, how can fix this problem?? any clue to go a step back ??? any *.wad (IOS) or *.wad (cIOS) to upgrade to fix this ????? thx !
September 20, 2009 05:21PM
It seems obvious that you are tryingto run "backups" and they are not supported here.
September 20, 2009 06:43PM
What do u mean ? i just only install cIOS_fix that seems that is not compatible so first i wanna erase this app, a guy told me to use Any Tittle Deleter, other to Format and see if works, other to run a korea game and see if it upgrade to restore 3.5k system to his original state, but my big problem is that i cant use HBC, hackmii doesnt work, seems that i need to install first a few IOS first to install HBC, do u know any method so fix this "brick" or do u know change the region of this 3.5k ??? thx !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login