Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thinking about downgrade + softmod

Posted by Bi0hazard 
Thinking about downgrade + softmod
February 19, 2009 04:07PM
Hello men!

I've just received my brand new wii! I read on the net about the Twilight Princess Hack (accidentally i own one copy, lol) and i was wondering if to use it or not. What i would like to do is use my wii as a DVD player.
From what i read i just need to downgrade my wii to 3.2 or 3.3, apply the twilight hack and install the homebrew channel.

But i have still some question before to start:

1) Could i play online games (es. Mario Kart)?
2) Could i download games from WiiWare or watch the meteo without risks?
3) Could i let the WiiConnect24 on?
4) How my wii could get bricked?

Thank you to everybody :)
Bi0hazard.

PS: sorry for my english..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 04:24PM by Bi0hazard.
Re: Thinking about downgrade + softmod
February 19, 2009 04:24PM
Maybe read the first page of the forum the next time you post. No discussion of backups or piracy in general is allowed. As for watching dvds dvdx is available on wiibrew.
February 19, 2009 04:25PM
i edited just 1sec ago..
February 19, 2009 04:32PM
well,

i think Bi0hazard rather wants to know if it works
- to play an original game online,
- legally download games from the wiishop
with a downgraded wii.

That's how I understand it.
February 20, 2009 03:28AM
he edited his post the original post asked if it was possible to play backups via the twilight hack
February 20, 2009 03:33AM
Manoau2002
he edited his post the original post asked if it was possible to play backups via the twilight hack
Clearly he respects for our forum rules since he took the time to edit his post to accomodate them. I dont see any reason to ban people or lock and junkbin this topic. Everyone makes mistakes, the important thing is that he made up for them. Thats more than I can say for alot of people that have come through here. We're not trying to push people away from WiiBrew, we're simply trying to avoid being connected to backups due to the fact they're almost always used for piracy. So I dont really see any reason to make a big deal out of this, do you?
February 20, 2009 02:10PM
i was just responding to koopa comments about my original comment based on the original posters first post. After his edit the question is now fine.
February 20, 2009 02:40PM
I think I'll just answer the question :)

1-3) yes!

4) no one has EVER bricked their Wii installing the HBC... if you install the right provisions, you can easily recover/guard against a brick! Bricking usually occurs because of installing the wrong system menu or changing the wrong region...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login