Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have no idea what to do.

Posted by nights 
I have no idea what to do.
February 23, 2009 12:53AM
Okay so I am really interested in getting the homebrew channel but need some questions answered first.

1. Can it mess you Wii up? And is it safe?

2. Is a 1gig wii SD card ok?

3. I heard that you won't be able to play online with Mario Kart etc, does this also mean the internet channel?

4. Once you have got the hombrew channel do you need to have individual apps on you sd card and are they easy to use? e.g. NES emulator (if there is one); individual roms?

5. What are some recommended app?

Thanks!
Re: I have no idea what to do.
February 23, 2009 01:06AM
1) No it wont mess it up. Yes its more or less safe.
2) Yea should be fine
3) You can still play online and yes teh internet channel still works.
4) Yes you need to install individual apps. [wiibrew.org] < this will help you alot as it allows you to install things to your SD card stright from your Wii with an internet connection.
5) Quake, Majjong, Homebrew Browser
February 23, 2009 01:13AM
5) Mplayer, WiiRadio, Wii Shooting Gallery

and to clear something up, the apps aren't installed at all... the Twilight hack isn't installed, only the Homebrew channel. The apps stay on your SD card and are ran from it.
February 23, 2009 01:26AM
Just a few more questions:

Is every app safe?

Say when I get the homebrew channel, and then I get that app where I can view all other apps, can I delete the stuff on my SD card and where will the apps that I installed be?
February 23, 2009 11:04PM
Nearly every legal app is safe, most get very well tested to stop there being any chance of you damageing your wii.

apps arnt rely installed they are run stright from your sd card (most are in the folder called "apps" but some like emulators require additional folders as well)
Yes you can delete apps with the sd card plugged into your PC or using the homebrew browser. both methords will work for removing any app that you dont like.
Hope these help to answer your questions
February 23, 2009 11:07PM
Warpedflash
Nearly every legal app is safe, most get very well tested to stop there being any chance of you damageing your wii.
I just wanted to add to this that you wont find any illegal apps on WiiBrew or the HomeBrew Browser. Furthermore, the HomeBrew Browser doesnt carry any apps with more than a 0% chance of bricking your Wii.
February 24, 2009 02:05AM
Oh thanks people, now I feel more confident in doing thiss. The main reason I was afraid is because techniqually it is'nt my Wii (even though Im the one who buys games, and accesories such as the LED fan stand, and sort of modded the case.). Will I be able to delete the twilight hack of my SD card and memory after I have installed the HBC?

Also have any of you people have changed the Disk slots blue LED to another colour using the Whisper Talismoon thing? I'm interested in doing this but I have no experience in that field.
February 24, 2009 02:38AM
nights
Will I be able to delete the twilight hack of my SD card and memory after I have installed the HBC?
Yes, once you have the HBC you no longer need the Twilight Hack.
March 02, 2009 03:20PM
Everything has went well and I now have the Homebrew Channel. Just one more question though.

Is it ok to leave WiiConnect24 on now that I have it? I am using FW 3.3E.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login