Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem when Installing Twilight Hack

Posted by lenoble22 
Problem when Installing Twilight Hack
February 25, 2009 02:46AM
I don't know whats going on, I thought I did everything right but when I walk backwards in the game the screen goes black and numbers and codes go by and then it just freezes. the part it freezes on is:

Start Cluster = 0003
Start Cluster = 000b
Found boot.elf!
done, file size is 1614007
##no elf image at address 90100000
DOL image detected?
relocating 1f8b0800 to d5d2ccc0 (-13234178 Bytes)
Exception 0300 occured!

R0..R7 and then it lists rows of numbers that if someone really wants them I will copy them in here.

I do have version 3.4u and I do have the second version of the zelda game. I don't unstand what went wrong so if someone can help me that would be great. Thanks
Re: Problem when Installing Twilight Hack
February 25, 2009 03:16AM
What SD card are you using?
February 25, 2009 03:57AM
2 gig SanDisk, first time I didn't format it, the second time i formatted it. Both times same output
February 25, 2009 04:26AM
Make sure youre using the correct region of the twilight hack.
February 25, 2009 04:48AM
I used the rzde one, i'm assuming that was the right one
February 25, 2009 04:53AM
lenoble22
I used the rzde one, i'm assuming that was the right one
so that means you have a U.S. wii
February 25, 2009 05:05AM
yes I live in the U.S. and my wii has version 3.4u
February 25, 2009 05:07AM
have you tried any other SD cards?
February 25, 2009 05:16AM
There are the files I downloaded: twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.zip and the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz, both from the homebrew channel website. I made save file while in the zelda game, took out the sd card and put it in my computer. I extracted the twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.zip file and put the private file onto the sd card, overwriting the one that was already there. I then put the the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz file onto the sd card and renamed it data.dol, so when I opened up my sd card you see data.dol and the folder private. (the private file goes to wii/title/rzde/data.bin. there is also rzdj/data.bin and rzdp/data.bin. I then put the sd card into my wii, I copy over the english version to the wii. I then open up zelda and I pick the second verson because I have the second version disk. I then run backwards and the black screen comes up, runs a bunch of numbers or codes and then the part of the screen I can see it what I posted in my first message. and then its froze, can push anything and have no options. all i can do is unplug the wii and plug it back in and then the file from the wii is deleted. So thats what I did, hopefully someone knows whats goin on....Thanks
February 25, 2009 05:17AM
I have not tried any other sd cards, I just bought this one brand new 2 days ago
February 25, 2009 05:25AM
lenoble22
I then put the the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz file onto the sd card and renamed it data.dol, so when I opened up my sd card you see data.dol and the folder private.
Ahh there's the problem. you don't rename 'the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz', you extract it with WinRAR, 7Zip, or a similar program. There is a 'boot.dol' file in the archive that you place on the root of the SD card. (You don't rename anything)
February 25, 2009 05:58AM
Works Perfect!! Thanks Guys I knew something had to go wrong. What screwed me up was that the .gz file was just a white plane file and when I would right click on it i could not extract anything. SO i quickly downloaded WinRAR 3.8 Pro and extracted it and now it works like a charm. Now to add applications I just add a folder to the root called apps and add the applications there after downloaded? I really wanted to download ocarina but some people said it wont work with 3.4u? Any apps that you guys say are must haves? Thanks for all the help guys!
February 25, 2009 06:09AM
Now that I have the homebrew channel installed. Can I delete everything off my sd card and just put a apps folder on the root for the applications for homebrew?
February 25, 2009 06:17AM
yeah pretty much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login