Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Total newb here needs help

Posted by gearhead31 
Total newb here needs help
March 03, 2009 04:17PM
I recently wanted to install the Homebrew Channel along with other things but at closer inspection Nintendo makes it harder if you have the 3.4U since they can update it without your permission then getting rid of the whole thing.

So would it be a waste of time to install HB with Twilight hack beta 2 as Nintendo says they could get rid of it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 04:26PM by gearhead31.
Re: Total newb here needs help
March 03, 2009 06:42PM
come on not even one answer?
March 03, 2009 08:30PM
So far, it hasn't been proven that Nintendo can update without telling you (they have the legal ability but maybe not the actual ability). So I'd say you're safe.
March 03, 2009 08:53PM
gearhead31
come on not even one answer?
I like how you ask that only barely after posting your topic.

To answer your question, I personally feel that Nintendos "we're gunna update u while u sleep mwhahaha" is an overated threat. While Nintendo could legally do it, they probably wont for obvious reasons. However, if you are frightened by that just leave your Wii Connect 24 off after installing the HBC and you'll be 100% safe from unwanted updates.
March 04, 2009 02:49AM
Ok thanks for your reply also where can i get a video of how to do it for 3.4 with detail on setting up SD card included with tutorial. Provide link if possible
March 04, 2009 03:02AM
I don't know of any good videos (I may to one myself when I have time), but I have a pretty easy guide here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login