jakqkiln
so.... any idea when 3.5 is coming to the US? or if it will even come? O.O
It won't, there's already 4.0 in the US
Re: i accindetally my whole wii!
May 19, 2009 09:46PM
Sorry brother listenig about your wii, please email me something
May 26, 2009 05:18AM
You can easily fix this!!! If it hasn't been answered lol ( NO savemii required ;)
1. Put Anyregion Changer in the apps folder

2. Run it :P

3. Wait about 10 seconds and press 1

4.Push down 4 times

5.Press Right

6.Manage your way down to SAVE

7.Press Home and You should be able to see better if not perfect.

Good luck ;)
May 26, 2009 06:58PM
will i need the homebrew chanel?(i don't have it)
i mean you said to run it, but how can i do that?
also where do i find this region changer?
May 26, 2009 07:04PM
Yes you'll need the Homebrew Channel. you should still be able to install it in a similar way you had before, but for simplicity sake AND not having to buy a European Twilight Princess, try using Bannerbomb [bannerbomb.qoid.us] with the hackmii installer [www.bootmii.org] . AnyRegion Changer is here: [wiibrew.org]

I just used this program to get 3.2 on my wii, so take your time and be ABSOLUTELY SURE you can see USA or U, NTSC (NOT PAL!) etc etc. Once your region matches your TV, the scramble will go away. If this doesn't work, you could of course go buy an import TV ;-) j/k.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 07:04PM by Kage52124.
May 26, 2009 07:19PM
thanks for the help, but in bootmii, you want me to get the Hackmii installer v0.1.
i don't want to mess up anything else...

this step i don't understand
Get a DOL or ELF (why not bootmii?) and put it on the SD as /boot.dol or /boot.elf.
i downloaded the hackmii installer, but no how do i do this, do i rename the folder?
do i put it in the main SD card? or in the private or wii folder? help :'(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 07:28PM by jakqkiln.
May 26, 2009 08:02PM
okay the private folder IS bannerbomb, and you want to get the hackmii installer so you can install the HBC (bootmii is useless to you at this point so don't sweat it) when you get the hackmii installer, change the filename to boot.dol or boot.elf, just don't change the file extension and then yes, you put it in the root of your SD card and follow Comex's instructions.

Look here for more detailed instructions: [forum.wiibrew.org]
May 26, 2009 08:25PM
ok, i don't know where i am at the moment, this is what i have been doing:

i got another SD card, and Downloaded aad1f_v108.zip and unzip it onto the SD card. (this is the private folder)

then i downloaded the hackmii installer and extracted it in the SD card. (i think by here i already messed upsomewhere, but i keep going)

now, i manage to go to the wii's>channels in the SD card, where it tells me there is no SD card in, i insert the SD card and asks to if i want to run /boot.dol/elf. y press yes, and it tells me the it could not be runed.

so i try downloading every other of the bannerbomb private folders...
with some it tells me the same message: "/boot.dol/elf could not be opened"
and with some it freezes.

then i came back read your message :S
i know i did something wrong... didn't i...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 09:25PM by jakqkiln.
May 26, 2009 10:00PM
OMG, finally got it to work!!!!!! >.<!!!!

nowhere in the tutorial that i read said to get the bootmii thing and rename it as "boot.dol" or maybe it did, anyways... i am now in the windo right after, i pressed on the SD card's and it took me to a black screen with a lot of small word...

but the problem now is.... i can't see what im doing... :'(
the letters are too small for me to read them, so i don't even know if i am doing somethign wrong,

can anyone tell me to press something like, "ok, press down 3 times then plus," or something like that.

please.
thanks in advance.
May 26, 2009 10:27PM
ok, after a while of staring at the tv, i noticed that by prssing right and left, i guess the installation changes, and i think this is what it tells me i can install it:

Executive source: sd
(then i press right and it says)

Executive source: usb

Executive source: dvd

Executive source: smb share

Executive source: usbGecko

Executive source: sdGecko slot A

Executive source: sdGecko slot "X" something, its a letter but i can't tell :S

im just going to keep messing with it till i get sometihng done....
May 26, 2009 10:29PM
okay after the scam warning press 1 hopefully that's big enough for you to see.

next press A to go to the next screen. Go up 6 to the "Install The Homebrew Channel" and press A. Now go up 1 and press A. It should have now installed after a moment. Now press a to go back to the main menu. Go down 6 to exit and press A. You should have HBC now.

Does this get you started?
May 27, 2009 12:02AM
wow, i can't belieave that worked :S

pressing 1 didn't made it look bigger btw, but i still followed the orders, and it worked!
i tried to find the homebrew installer by going thrugh each one of them and never found it, but thx to you i found it, but....
as expected, another problem:

Unable to initialize network, retrying...
and it keeps going and going without stop....

ill keep messing with it and see what happens, thanks for your help
May 27, 2009 12:16AM
sure. Are you running Homebrew Browser though? You don't need that right now and if you're on 3.4 you can't use AnyRegion Changer to fix this... At this point you're going to have to go through the same downgrade process you used before, but THIS time you need to make sure you get to 3.2U and not E. Downgrading processes are very tricky as I'm sure you've noticed, so I wish you luck.
May 27, 2009 12:53AM
ok... im starting to loose hope again, let me see if i understand:

i CAN get the homebrew channel like this right? (i have 3.4E), trough the "bannerbomb" method. (even though i have failed at installing it)...

i mean this would be the only way i can get the homebrew channel considering that i have no twilight E, and there is no way to change region without homebrew, right?

so once i get homebrew with bannerbomb i can install the region changer in the homebrew channel, or i can downgrade it to a lower region but making sure its a U.

man, im starting to loose hope, and last place i took it too they told me they would charge me about 200 doollars to fix it, and thats almost a new wii....

any help is appresiated...
May 27, 2009 01:13AM
Yes you can install the Homebrew channel with Bannerbomb using the Hackmii installer. From there since you can't see what you're doing follow what I put up above and that should install HBC for you, if it doesn't then the Hackmii installer probably didn't let you. From there you're going to have to downgrade in order to fix your region issue since AnyRegion Changer apparently doesn't work with 3.4.

The other option is seeing if you can find a TV that works with PAL, but that's going to cost too...

You're in a tough spot I'm not going to lie, but if you really want to make this happen you should be able to fix it. Just think, you already know which mistake you made before and now you just have to make sure to not make the same mistake again.
January 09, 2010 10:43AM
hello, just found a TV that reads PAL, so now i can see what am doing, i'll try again to fix my brick, if anything new has come up, I'd appreciate the help, thanks.

Bah!!!
now i can't get the boot.dol to come up...
has there been any change in the bootme link, i mean the site says to change the name of "installer.elf" and when i download it, there is none named like that, but there is already a "boot.elf"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 12:04PM by jakqkiln.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login