Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This might sound stupid, but...

Posted by YenRug 
This might sound stupid, but...
March 25, 2009 07:39PM
Has anyone tried opening up a dialogue with Nintendo about Homebrew?

It just strikes me that there's an awful lot of effort put in to defeating each other, every time there is some kind of update on either side, when maybe it would be an idea to try and come to some kind of agreement.

I know that, broadly speaking, it's all about "copyright" control in one form, or another, but the scale of serious Homebrew is probably insignificant in the overall picture, whilst the big worry is about piracy. If the Homebrew community agreed to self police/block any apps (say Homebrew Channel and similar added a blacklist system) that break copy protection (whilst still allowing region hacks), maybe Nintendo could be persuaded to look the other way?

Would anyone consider trying this, or have worries what might/might not happen?
Re: This might sound stupid, but...
March 25, 2009 07:48PM
Yes, bushing tried. Nintendo attacked and harassed him. It was not pretty to say the least.

Edit: And yes, I believe bushing even offered to help them stop piracy too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 07:50PM by Arikado.
March 26, 2009 02:47PM
Arikado
Yes, bushing tried. Nintendo attacked and harassed him. It was not pretty to say the least.

Edit: And yes, I believe bushing even offered to help them stop piracy too.

yes, he did try...he warned them about a potential softhack for backups...

this is the reason why the rules are so strict here, we are trying to be a good example to Nintendo and show we are not the enemy....
March 27, 2009 09:01PM
Yeah, piracy and backups were not created by WiiBrewers nor have they ever been endorsed by us.
March 29, 2009 10:16PM
damn straight! if somebody is a pirate and doesn't broadcast it, fine, but when they go on our forums asking us how to do it, that gives us a bad image. People will think badly of us. so screw them! but what i mean by not broadcasting it is if somebody doesn't ask for help, does it themselves, and doesn't make a big deal out of it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login