Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

playing games from spain on uk wii

Posted by njcdec 
playing games from spain on uk wii
March 24, 2009 03:00PM
Hi
can anyone give me a simple walk through so i can play my import games etc i have the homebrew channel with the bubbles showing on the wii menu but that is all i see i am a complete novice i use 7zip to extract files please help this complete novice

Thanks

NIC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 03:52PM by njcdec.
Re: playing my back up games
March 24, 2009 03:17PM
sorry ,this forum does not help or condone the use of backup games, as it usually involves piracy.

A moderator will delete this topic. I would if I could...
Re: playing games from spain on uk wii
March 24, 2009 08:59PM
i think he means import as in from a different country, not backup. You should have winrar to extract files, and put the boot dol file of whatever app you will use in the apps folder under a subfolder named what you want it to be named. To play import games, get gecko os, availlable on the homebrew browser.
March 24, 2009 11:25PM
Hi
Thanks for the answer just need a bit more info which is where you say put the boot dol file of whatever app you will use in the apps folder under a subfolder named what you want it to be named when you say whatever app i will use do you mean gecko or the name of the game also do i also load the game disc into the wii as well or is the boot dol file in replacement of the disc.....
I use 7zip to unsiz files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 11:32PM by njcdec.
March 25, 2009 01:54AM
ok. if you're going to use gecko os, the navigation of the sd card should look like this: root---->apps---->gecko os and that's where you would put the boot.dol file. As for games, once you load gecko os from the homebrew channel if you did it right, you will go to boot options or something like that, and there's an option called region free, turn that on, put the disk in, and hit "Boot game". ta-da! As for other apps, just name a subfolder in the apps folder what it should be (example: Wii64, DVDx installer, whatever) and put the proper boot.dol file in. What i would reccomend putting on the sd card would be the homebrew browser, so if you have internet on, you can save apps to the sd card with no computer middleman. Of course, you need to download the homebrew browser off wiibrew first. Hope this helps.
March 27, 2009 02:57AM
well, it used to, thanks for changing it!
March 27, 2009 08:47AM
Both UK and Spain uses the same pal version of the Wii, (in fact the PAL version of the Wii is often referred as UK Wii) so you don't need anything special to play spanish Pal games on a UK Pal Wii.

You only need to change region when you want to use imports from other zones (USA, Japan or Korea).
March 29, 2009 06:55PM
hmmmmmm, wierd. i hadn't heard of that before, but i looked it uo and sure as shit, there it is. but then again, i only have 5 wii games, so i don't worry about regions....yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login