Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to homebrew

Posted by Patar 
New to homebrew
July 16, 2009 06:44PM
So i just downloaded homebrew channel with bannerbomb and hackmii. So is there supposed to be anything on the homebrew channel when I first open it? because there is nothing on it.
Re: New to homebrew
July 16, 2009 06:51PM
You're supposed to put apps on the HBC. Look here for some. Have fun! :)
July 16, 2009 06:52PM
Patar
So i just downloaded homebrew channel with bannerbomb and hackmii. So is there supposed to be anything on the homebrew channel when I first open it? because there is nothing on it.

No. You need to download homebrew and set it up. I recommend getting Homebrew Browser off WiiBrew.org. Download it and extract the archive. Inside, you should find a folder named apps. Copy this to the root of your SD card (i.e. inside no other folders). If there is not a folder called apps inside the archive you download, there will be a folder called Hoomebrew Browser, with a boot.dol and a few other files inside. In this case, make an apps folder on the root of your SD card, and copy the Homebrew Browser folder into it. Either way, the path to the boot.dol file should be X:/apps/Homebrew Browser/boot.dol, where X is the letter of your SD Card. There will also be a meta.xml and an icon.png in the Homebrew Browser folder with boot.dol. Then when you start HBC with your SD Card in, Homebrew Browser will appear. Start it and it will connect to WiFi and allow you to download homebrew directly on the Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 06:52PM by SifJar.
July 16, 2009 06:55PM
Ok thanks I will try that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login