Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

install bootmii as boot2

Posted by Sebastian_Z 
install bootmii as boot2
July 18, 2009 06:43PM
I know that in order to have a completely brick-safe Wii, you have to install bootmii as a boot2, but you have to own a fairly old wii to do this. my question is: I bought my Wii on January (or February) 2008, is it old enough for me to install bootmii as boot2? (and no, I haven't tried it yet because I have the Wii Menu 4.1 and it seems it isn't totally safe to install hacks on it yet.)
Re: install bootmii as boot2
July 18, 2009 06:50PM
Yes. Your Wii will be able to install it as Boot2. If you run the Hackmii Installer it will say "Boot1 version prevents Bootmii as Boot2" or something. it is _ALMOST_ completely safe to install Bootmii. Just remember, it's a Beta.
July 18, 2009 07:16PM
Sebastian_Z
(and no, I haven't tried it yet because I have the Wii Menu 4.1 and it seems it isn't totally safe to install hacks on it yet.)
What the hell are you talking about? Its perfectly safe to install homebrew on 4.0

To tell if you can install bootmii as boot2, look at the first four letters of your serial number.
July 18, 2009 07:32PM
Arikado
Sebastian_Z
(and no, I haven't tried it yet because I have the Wii Menu 4.1 and it seems it isn't totally safe to install hacks on it yet.)
What the hell are you talking about? Its perfectly safe to install homebrew on 4.0

you meant 4.1... anyway, maybe I didn't express myself correctly, I meant maybe not all of the features work in the new wii menu.. or maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I'm a newbie.

Arikado
To tell if you can install bootmii as boot2, look at the first four letters of your serial number.

it's LU32....
July 18, 2009 07:44PM
Sebastian_Z
Arikado
Sebastian_Z

you meant 4.1... anyway, maybe I didn't express myself correctly, I meant maybe not all of the features work in the new wii menu.. or maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I'm a newbie.
Erm, yeah, 4.1 Theres like one app that won't work in 4.1 (Preloader) Thats it. (And themes from failmii -- but those were dangerous and unnecessary so good riddance)

Sebastian_Z
Arikado

it's LU32....
Then you're fine. Go install it if you want it and fully understand how it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 07:44PM by Arikado.
July 18, 2009 07:48PM
OK, excellent... thanks for all the help =D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login