Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii Help I just want a simple explanation

Posted by ICEing 
Bootmii Help I just want a simple explanation
August 17, 2009 10:55PM
I wanna make sure I dont brick my Wii when installing this thing because it seems complicated. All I want is to make my Wii unbrickable I just want to know EXACTLY what to install, and HOW TO install. Im asking here because frankly I dont understand or know much about hacking and stuff like "IOS" and "NAND." Hell, I dont even know what are "Regions" are. So I just want a clear simple explanation how to install bootmii and prevent my Wii from getting bricked. Thanks :)
Re: Bootmii Help I just want a simple explanation
August 17, 2009 10:57PM
you load the hackmii installer and press "bootmii" then press install as boot2.
August 17, 2009 11:04PM
I found a folder named "bootmii" on the root of my SD Card. Inside I have 3 files that read "armboot.bin" "bootmii.ini" and "ppcbppt.elf" I dont remember installing it but its there but I still dont know how to run it. Is that the full bootmii or what?
August 17, 2009 11:11PM
That is what bootmii requires to boot up. Do you see any menu (other than system menu) when you start up the wii? If not try reinstalling bootmii boot2.
August 18, 2009 10:24AM
Basically, Bootmii has been "cut" into one of the first things the Wii loads when turned on. (even before the system menu) When it loads, it looks on the SD card for them 3 files (ppcboot.bin, armboot.bin, bootmii.ini) and loads them. Otherwise it loads the System Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 10:24AM by metroid_maniac.
August 18, 2009 11:00PM
TopGun96
That is what bootmii requires to boot up. Do you see any menu (other than system menu) when you start up the wii? If not try reinstalling bootmii boot2.

No no menu at all. My wii turns on like normal Wiis. So to reinstall bootmii I should install it through the HackMii Installer v0.3? And if so where do I put the file once I install hackmii on my SD Card and how is it activated?
August 18, 2009 11:14PM
yes reinstall with hackmii installer beta 3. bootmii boot2 is activated when you turn the wii on with the sd you used to install it with is in the wii. IOS bootmii is activated through the HBC menu.
August 18, 2009 11:22PM
TopGun96
yes reinstall with hackmii installer beta 3. bootmii boot2 is activated when you turn the wii on with the sd you used to install it with is in the wii. IOS bootmii is activated through the HBC menu.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I understand now :)
August 18, 2009 11:25PM
no problem. tell us if it works or not!
August 18, 2009 11:30PM
TopGun96
no problem. tell us if it works or not!

Definitly! It may take a few days before I try it out since my comp does not read SD Cards so I'll attempt it over a friends house. Thanks though
August 18, 2009 11:35PM
well you could go buy an SD card reader.....
August 19, 2009 07:49PM
IT WORKED!!!! W00T!! (Im excited) I just dont know what the some of the menu features are when I boot my wii can u explain them? :)
August 19, 2009 07:56PM
Wii icon: loads Wii menu
HBC icon: loads HBC
SD icon: loads apps made for MINI if any get released.
Settings icon: sub menu
- Arrow to SD: memory backup
- Arrow from SD: memory restore
- Info icon: version numbers, credits etc.
- Arrow icon: back to main menu
August 19, 2009 08:02PM
So if want my wii to become unbrickable I want to backup my memory to the SD card?

Also I had to load the hackmii installer thru the wii xplorer in the HBC by opening the hackmii folder I put in the root of my SD and clicking some boot file even though the readme said something about saying I had to make it a .DOL file. It worked I mean idc, but If I wanted to get the HBC via bannerbomb on a wii that does not have the HBC, how would I load hackmii?
August 19, 2009 09:11PM
Yeah, try to backup often.
August 19, 2009 10:40PM
Hackmii is one of the few .elf files that works..
August 19, 2009 11:05PM
actually all newer elfs run perfectly. i think.
August 19, 2009 11:15PM
from what I gather, only team twiizers can compile working elfs. everyone elses dont work for some reason. they changed them a bit a while back, and now the old ones dont work and everyone except team twiizers uses .dols instead.
August 19, 2009 11:16PM
Oh. Thanks for telling me that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 11:16PM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login