Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Totall Newbie here, a little bit of help? xD

Posted by Meluchan 
Totall Newbie here, a little bit of help? xD
August 25, 2009 09:42AM
Hai guys! My name is Melu, and I'm from Australia.

I'm totally new to this whole Homebrew thing xD I have a new Wii, and I just finished loading on the Bannerbomb app thing, now I have the HomeBrew Channel on my Wii and it seems to be working fine. Now, all I want is a app of some sort so I can play my Japanese Gamecube game. That's all I really want xD Can anyone recommend a app they know works for this? and if you can, can you guide me through putting it on my SD card and everything? If it isn't too much trouble :3

Thanks a bunch!

(Ridiculous formatting removed - Arikado)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 04:54PM by Arikado.
Re: Totall Newbie here, a little bit of help? xD
August 25, 2009 11:45AM
Hi Melu,

Congratulations on taking your first step into a bigger world...

Anyway, You need a program called Gecko OS, which you can find on the Wiibrew wiki. The download should contain three files: boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml. Only boot.dol is necessary, but the others give it a pretty icon for the HBC and labelling (i.e. text info for the HBC). Take these files and put them in SDCard:/apps/Gecko OS/, and you should be good to go.

Gecko OS allows launching of region-free discs, and according to your region you can change the settings. Since you're in a PAL region, change the video mode to "Force PAL50" or "Force PAL 60" and then launch disc. The default settings may also work.

This is a GC game, so the following does not apply, but you should know all the same: installing an update from an out of region Wii disc will brick your Wii because the system menu will be incorrect. The current version of Gecko OS automatically prevents this from happening and just installs any critical components for you (called IOS - you should read up on this term on the wiki too).

My mum uses this every day of her life, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Enjoy.
Re: Totall Newbie here, a little bit of help? xD
August 25, 2009 01:41PM
Thank-you so very much for your help! I'll get onto it now, and I'll post to tell you how I go. Thank-you again, I'm excited now haha, I haven't played this game is ages! ^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login