Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thu Conduit Update? Bad?

Posted by junky562 
Thu Conduit Update? Bad?
September 18, 2009 09:47PM
i just got the conduit, says system update is required. i have wii version 4.0, HBC 1.0.3, DVDX, and bootmii, all updated to the new release of the hackmii v0.3, also i have the RawkSD patcher and that is pretty much it. no other hacks, no wads no illegal stuff. can i update? or should i not update? it just seems dumb to have to run it through gecko everytime i wanna play. so should i? i heard its nothin happens to HBC but what about the rawksd patcher? and bootmii? please any thoughts advice is really helpfull and appreciated! thnx!
Re: Thu Conduit Update? Bad?
September 18, 2009 09:50PM
You can update, yes. However, I would recommend installing tona's version of Waninkoko's cIOS first.
September 18, 2009 10:11PM
metroid_maniac
You can update, yes. However, I would recommend installing tona's version of Waninkoko's cIOS first.
why? could you explain? and where can i get this?
September 18, 2009 10:21PM
here

That is certain to survive the update with Trucha. Wi-Fi is required.
September 18, 2009 10:29PM
thnx! so i should install this first right? then run the conduit off the disk channel and install the update? i think thats how...
September 18, 2009 10:31PM
Yes, that's correct. Once you've updated, tell me if RawkSD works.
September 18, 2009 10:35PM
koo, gimme a couple of minutes...
September 18, 2009 10:41PM
damn theres a bunch of stuff on the zip... just put all that in the root of the sd right?
September 18, 2009 10:46PM
No, take the dol file that isn't in any folder, create a new folder inside the apps folder, put it it, rename it to boot.dol, and run it through HBC. It should be right at the end.
September 18, 2009 10:58PM
done, installed the cIOS and ran RB2/RawkSD Custom played fine. only thing was that it said IOS 249 Failed tho... wassup with that? BTW why was the zip full of all those files if i didnt even use them?
September 18, 2009 10:59PM
I think that's the "source code". It's computery stuff, don't worry.
September 18, 2009 11:10PM
what about the failed IOS 249?
September 18, 2009 11:11PM
That's the cIOS I told you to install. But it doesn't matter, you can still use RawkSD
September 18, 2009 11:16PM
huh? but so now i can run the conduit normally? and allow the update or no? because the 249 failed? idk?
September 18, 2009 11:18PM
Ok, I mis-understood you. Does it give any specific error? -2011?
September 18, 2009 11:21PM
yeah... i dont like the tone of your response...
September 18, 2009 11:21PM
you probably dont have trucha in whatever IOS tona's installer uses...anyone know what IOS it uses? You obviously DO have trucha in IOS37, so just run dop-IOS MOD and choose to run on IOS37, then install the correct IOS with the trucha patch. I think its probably either IOS36 or IOS35. Install both. If it still doesn't work, wait for more advice.
September 18, 2009 11:22PM
What? Is there somthing wrong with it.? All I want to do is make sure you can update and play all your songs...
September 18, 2009 11:26PM
hmm... well thnx for the advice! btw what if i uninstall bootmii, HBC, DVDx, everything? could i still brick or chance of a semibrick?
September 18, 2009 11:27PM
Yes, of course. If you do install all that, I would leave Bootmii in Boot2, in case anything goes wrong with your Wii. Uninstall it if it's IOS if you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login