Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie here. In need of help

Posted by XSilverlink 
Newbie here. In need of help
October 16, 2009 02:23PM
Hey guys how you doin?

Well i need some help to softmod my Wii.

I have a Wii from the release (dunno if this is relevant.) and i have currently 3.4e installed with the latest homebrew channel, DVDx and BootMii installed (did this about 20 mins ago). I installed the homebrew channel using the twilight hack about 8 months ago (Did not have the time for it since :-(! ). So here comes my question.

How can i safely update my Wii to 4.1 using the homebrew channel.
I have currently DOP-IOS MOD v7 on my memory card. (Just that you know)

Things i have done.
Installed latest Homebrew Channel
Installed latest DVDx
Installed latest BootMii
Made a backup of NAND
Downloaded DOP-IOS MOD v7

So what to do next.

Thanks in advance.
And sorry for my bad English.
Re: Newbie here. In need of help
October 16, 2009 02:41PM
There is actually no reason to update to 4.1 if you can help it. The only reason you would need to update to 4.1 is if you wanted the SDHC System Menu features, and the SD Card channel menu. Also, did you install Bootmii as boot2?
October 16, 2009 02:50PM
Yes i want to use the SDHC features. have to many 2GB lieing (lying?) around. Have two 16GB SD which aren't currently in use. Oh and yes i installed it as Boot2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 04:30PM by XSilverlink.
October 16, 2009 06:02PM
Install all the IOS above about 50 and menu 4.1 in dop-IOS MOD, without any patches. That will get you 4.1 system menu.
October 16, 2009 06:58PM
Do i need to patch them? in a other topic Sifjar says:
Run dop-IOS MODv7 and use it to update/install ALL IOS (apply sig check hash and ES_Identify patches to IOS36, no patches to other IOS)

if i do that my screen is says all kinds of mumbojumbo and all the text is scribbled and my wii froze. (not letterly :p)

Thnx
October 16, 2009 07:50PM
on 3.3v2 and up patches will not work.
October 16, 2009 09:27PM
XSilverlink
Do i need to patch them? in a other topic Sifjar says:
Run dop-IOS MODv7 and use it to update/install ALL IOS (apply sig check hash and ES_Identify patches to IOS36, no patches to other IOS)

if i do that my screen is says all kinds of mumbojumbo and all the text is scribbled and my wii froze. (not letterly :p)

Thnx
Yeah - my fault. Soz, I already have a fix for that. Try the latest build (trial 6) here: [forum.wiibrew.org]
October 18, 2009 04:58PM
Only patch IOS36 if you can, if you cant dont worry about it, but dont install patches to any other IOS.
October 22, 2009 07:01PM
Thanks for all your help. This topic can be closed.
Failure removed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2009 10:44PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.