Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Japanese shop channel

Posted by Sasuke3759 
Japanese shop channel
October 28, 2009 06:06AM
Is it possible to some how gain access to say the Japanese shop channel on an American Wii?
Re: Japanese shop channel
October 28, 2009 06:28AM
Yes, I've done it.

But in the process, you lose your current shop account, thus losing all of your downloaded content. The only benefit is SSB64. :P
October 28, 2009 06:32AM
Can't I save all of my current games from the American Shop Channel on an SD card and then just put them back on my Wii once I've made the change?

And the reason I want it is for Splatterhouse Arcade, and I don't want to have to wait five months for Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth, like I had to wait for Contra Rebirth.

Thanks for replying btw.
October 28, 2009 06:44AM
Um, its not just your saves that are deleted. Its all of the content that you've ever downloaded from the shop channel.
October 28, 2009 07:02AM
As of Wii system 4.0 you can save games to an SD card, and play them from the SD card.

So I was wondering if I moved all of the vcon and wiiare games to an SD card and then did the switch to a Japanese shop channel, would that work?

And what is the nature of the switch? Is it just the shop channel, or is it the Wii system entirely?
October 28, 2009 08:12PM
No, that wouldn't work, because the VC's ticket is deleted in the process.

Sasuke3759
And what is the nature of the switch? Is it just the shop channel, or is it the Wii system entirely?
You choose. You could either change the system menu or just the shop channel. Its your choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login