Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not a clue what im doing....

Posted by SpORe 
not a clue what im doing....
October 27, 2009 03:05AM
All right so here is where I'm at.. I don't know much about my wii, I think i can say i don't know anything...

What i do know is i want to soft-mod it, here is what i have done so far. please let me know if i missed anything or i messed up somewhere.

I have firmware ver 4.2U
I downloaded Bannerbomb v2 and put "private" folder on the root of my SD
I then i took the boot.elf file from "the HackMii installer" .rar and put that on my SD root.

i loaded up my wii and went to the SD menu, i inserted the SD card and it asked if i wanted to load the boot, I said yes..
From here i then installed the homebrew Chan, and the DVDX. I then instilled bootWII as a IOS.

When i load my wii now, i see the homebrew Chan.
when i go to it its just water till i hit the home button, then i see "back, about, launch bootmii, exit to system menu, shutdown"

Im unclear what i should be doing now, when i select bootmii it seems to just sit there and my remote shuts off.. What am I missing?

I know this is prob a really n00b question, but hell i have to start somewhere.. Thanks for the help in advance.

-SpORe
Re: not a clue what im doing....
October 27, 2009 03:34AM
the hbc is just a facilitator... you have to download apps and install them and then you can run them from the hbc...

Browse and download apps from here.

Install them using this method
October 27, 2009 06:52AM
what app do I need to play copied games ????

Cheers
October 27, 2009 02:22PM
October 27, 2009 05:06PM
Ok so here is what you have to do,

First off pop your SD card in your pc and then once it's in there make a new folder on it and call it apps now make sure to keep it in lower case because it will be case sensitive.

Then you can go to the link above find whatever type of application you want,
Down load it and then just un-rar it to the apps folder you created.
Then when you pop the SD card back into your machine and go to the Homebrew Channel you will see quite a few of your apps there.
Then all you have to do is click on your desired app and hey presto your laughing. . . .

As for playing backup games...... Mmmmm i really don't know how to do this.

Anyway mate i hope this has helped in some small way

Cherio. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 05:10PM by Jez.M.
October 27, 2009 09:40PM
do you suggest this "Homebrew Browser?"
thanks everyone for the help so far, to be honest im shocked i had the first part right!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 12:11AM by SpORe.
October 27, 2009 09:42PM
Yes, homebrew browser is an easy way to download homebrew games and apps.
October 28, 2009 12:11AM
what should i have done with the bootmii? install at a IOS, or install as boot2 ?
October 28, 2009 01:36AM
No worries on the help, i am a noob as well and i have had many questions but i am happy to say that it hasnt taken me long to get the right answers and solve my problems with the help from these guys on here,

I am told that if you use Boot2 then you will be able to make a backup of your wii (just incase it gets bricked) then this will allow you to still use it ( i cant give more detailed answer because i don't know it) but i have also read that ios is a much better and safer way of doing it ? ? ? I know i have probably confused you as much as i was/am confused but i think you will have to figure out what would be best for you ?

If it helps any i am seriously considering on changing mine to a Boot2 ( i like the idea of being able to use the wii if it should get bricked) I havent read what the bad part of using Boot2 but it said that ios should be used and is much more prefered ? ? ? I guess it's a case of personal taste but i could be wrong.

Oh and YES definitely get / use The HomeBrew Browser it is by far the best invention for the Wii

Hope this has help....
October 28, 2009 01:48AM
wow, Jez.M

that helped me out a lot, except im still confused on the IOS Vs Boot 2, Pros and Cons... lmfao...

cheers for the reply!
October 28, 2009 01:55AM
Not sure if this will work ? ? ? but it should.... click on this link and you can read what i have been writing about or i should say asking about and hopefully that will help a little more.

[forum.wiibrew.org]

If not the topic i have written is called " i want to start all over again" and it should be beneath your topic here.

No worries on the help and i am just pleased that it has helped in some way, as i said before it's down to the guys here where i get my knowledge from so thanks goes to them from me as well.

anyways i must get to bed before the mrs nicks all the cover for her self ;o)
October 28, 2009 10:14PM
If you an install BootMii as boot2, install it as boot2. With IOS you cannot restore a NAND dump, and you cannot access it if you brick, so its kinda pointless right now. In future it will be able to load some homebrew which HBC wont be able to load, but there isnt really much of that right now. IOS installation was basically added for those who can't install to boot2, but boot2 is the better version. boot2 installation is VERY slightly riskier, but not much. Unless you lose power during the ~3 seconds it takes to install, its completely safe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login