Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Few questions i need answering before i use the WiiBrew?

Posted by ash306 
Few questions i need answering before i use the WiiBrew?
January 19, 2010 11:51PM
Hello. Here are a few questions i need answering if you dont mind.

1) Is it save to use the WiiBrew on my Wii without getting it bricked, I brought it December 2009 and updated to latest version?
2) Ive heard of Wii's getting bricked using this? How has this happended? Does nintendo pick up on it?
3) Does the WiiBrew come with the utlity to play games from USB Flash/External hard-drive? If not, where can i get it?
4) Is it save to use internet for playing games, browsing and wiiconnect 24?
5) Is it easy to uninstall totally from the Wii?
6) Can i only play the games downloadable from WiiBrew Channel or can i play back-ups from USB Drives?

Thank you very much. Ashley.
Re: Few questions i need answering before i use the WiiBrew?
January 20, 2010 12:34AM
1. Yeah, homebrew (its not called WiiBrew, that's the name of the site =P) is safe
2. Its when idiots do dangerous things without reading first and understanding what they're doing. If you just play homebrew games, you should be safe
3. If you mean homebrew games, sure. If you mean backups, NO and we dont support them here.
4. Yes
5. Yeah, provided you can access HBC and dont install loads of other crap like patched IOS and cIOS and custom channels, you can uninstall very easily
6. We don't support backups.

If you have any more questions, fire away.
Re: Few questions i need answering before i use the WiiBrew?
January 20, 2010 12:36AM
First off, the term is "homebrew", not "WiiBrew". WiiBrew is just the name of this site.

1. Depends on what you do. It won't unless you start doing heavy system software modifications and botch them.
2. Again, your Wii probably won't brick, unless you start modifying system software incorrectly. Nintendo does refuse to repair Wiis with homebrew. However, it is possible to make your Wii look unmodified through a somewhat risky procedure.
3. No, it does not. We can't tell you where to get it, as its primary use is illegal in most countries, and its secondary, less common use may be illegal in the US, where WiiBrew is based. Plus, it goes against our ethics.
4. Yes.
5. Depends on what you have done while using homebrew. Chances are that the answer is yes.
6. There are many things wrong with this.
1) There is no "WiiBrew Channel". It's the Homebrew Channel.
2) You can't download anything from the Homebrew Channel. Homebrew can be downloaded with the Homebrew Browser application.
3) You can't download Wii games legally, as it seems you are getting at that. We do not support backups, in case you missed that while making this post.

Thank you for joining, and have a fun ride with homebrew if you decide to use it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 12:36AM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login